shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this SI2 worth considering?

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
So I found this SI2 AGS graded diamond and with the small pic. of the lab report (asked for a larger scan but haven't received it yet) I counted about about 16 things under Key to Symbols for clarity... :o is that a no go? It just looks really scary with that long long list..

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Probably an old report. Old AGS report used to name all possible type of inclusions, not just list those inclusions on the plot.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
Stone-cold11|1316664333|3022659 said:
Probably an old report. Old AGS report used to name all possible type of inclusions, not just list those inclusions on the plot.
you are right, it is an older report.. so that makes me feel a little better... :bigsmile:

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
SI2 that is eye clean by your standards or with visble inclusions that are acceptable by you is worth buying.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
CharmyPoo|1316665444|3022684 said:
SI2 that is eye clean by your standards or with visble inclusions that are acceptable by you is worth buying.

The number of inclusions may be an issue that helps set the grade but it has nothing to do with eyeclean. Yes, it increases the chance that one of them will be visible. But the truth it all it takes is ONE inclusion of the right type, size and visibility and location and the diamond is SI2.

Can you call and ask the vendor?

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1316665922|3022692 said:

The number of inclusions may be an issue that helps set the grade but it has nothing to do with eyeclean. Yes, it increases the chance that one of them will be visible. But the truth it all it takes is ONE inclusion of the right type, size and visibility and location and the diamond is SI2.

I did and he said he is going to send me the larger scan of it but been 2 days so I'm not sure.. :nono:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
minmin001|1316666874|3022705 said:

I did and he said he is going to send me the larger scan of it but been 2 days so I'm not sure.. :nono:

I wasn't clear. Can the vendor look at the stone and tell you about the clarity?

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1316667544|3022714 said:
minmin001|1316666874|3022705 said:

I wasn't clear. Can the vendor look at the stone and tell you about the clarity?

I first asked him to send me a larger image which he replied the e-mail saying the one he posted is the biggest one he can get. then I replied with an e-mail asking if he can tell me if it's eye clean and from what distance as well as the list of symbols on the report and he replied with he will send me a larger scan of the report... :blackeye:

NervousBuyer

Rough_Rock
minmin001|1316667810|3022718 said:
I first asked him to send me a larger image which he replied the e-mail saying the one he posted is the biggest one he can get. then I replied with an e-mail asking if he can tell me if it's eye clean and from what distance as well as the list of symbols on the report and he replied with he will send me a larger scan of the report... :blackeye:

Sounds like he's trying to avoid telling you something. Didn't want to show you a pic but maybe he hopes that a pic won't tip you off as much as him telling you it's not clean, so now he's back to a pic? I'd be cautious unless you trust the vendor.

That aside, there are sure to be SI2s where most viewers can't/won't see anything. You might be able to find the inclusions if you know where to look, but only you will know. ;-)

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
NervousBuyer|1316697223|3022852 said:
minmin001|1316667810|3022718 said:

Sounds like he's trying to avoid telling you something. Didn't want to show you a pic but maybe he hopes that a pic won't tip you off as much as him telling you it's not clean, so now he's back to a pic? I'd be cautious unless you trust the vendor.

That aside, there are sure to be SI2s where most viewers can't/won't see anything. You might be able to find the inclusions if you know where to look, but only you will know. ;-)

well he e-mailed me back today said he sent the scan to me twice but I didn't get it in either my inbox or junk mail.. oh well, I'll look else where I guess

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
May I ask who the vendor is? The reason I ask is because I've bought 2 Si2 stones, one from BGD and one from JA, and they're both eyeclean (the one from BGD is extremely eyeclean). I also bought 2 I1 stones from JA and they were def eyeclean too.

So my point is: you need to be able to trust yr vendor (and I trust both BGD and JA) and/ or you'd need to see the stone in person.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
Phoenix|1316705992|3022940 said:
May I ask who the vendor is? The reason I ask is because I've bought 2 Si2 stones, one from BGD and one from JA, and they're both eyeclean (the one from BGD is extremely eyeclean). I also bought 2 I1 stones from JA and they were def eyeclean too.

So my point is: you need to be able to trust yr vendor (and I trust both BGD and JA) and/ or you'd need to see the stone in person.

it's a find on ebay. I probably wouldn't buy from him just because such bad communication. he told me he's been sending the scan to this e-mail that I have no idea where he got it and I send him my e-mail 3 times very clear.. if from JA or BGD I'd totally trust their word if they tell me it's eye clean

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
Finally he sent me the scan to the correct address..
here it is, what do you think?

190-205.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results