shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this shade of topaz expensive?

Newb2U

Shiny_Rock
I got this orange topaz ring and I'm wondering what it's worth IMG_20210522_180840687.jpg

Newb2U

Shiny_Rock
I also need help identifying the cut

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think that particular topaz colour is worth much. I see them on Etsy and eBay for $20 thereabouts. As for the cut, your picture is too far away to make out details of the cut.

Newb2U

Shiny_Rock
I don't think that particular topaz colour is worth much. I see them on Etsy and eBay for $20 thereabouts. As for the cut, your picture is too far away to make out details of the cut.

The video shows cut

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The video is is not well-lit to show the facets and light reflection. I can see the cut, but it isn't a very brilliant stone, nor is it a vibrant, rich color that would make it valuable.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is not valuable.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd love to see it om your hand
Where did you get it ?
Do you wear it ?

Newb2U

Shiny_Rock
The video is is not well-lit to show the facets and light reflection. I can see the cut, but it isn't a very brilliant stone, nor is it a vibrant, rich color that would make it valuable.

Here's a better video,you'll really like the way this stone captures light,and the facets are visible.

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
Can't tell from the pics or the vid...sorry!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can only make out it is not a precision cut, can't see much else in the photos or videos, sorry!

It is unlikely to be worth a lot of money.

Enjoy wearing your ring.

DK :))

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Topaz is typically a cheaper stone and not worth much BUT they can be very pretty and it sounds like you love it so just enjoy it.

Newb2U

Shiny_Rock
Topaz is typically a cheaper stone and not worth much BUT they can be very pretty and it sounds like you love it so just enjoy it.

The stone is brownish gold imperial topaz,I seen a stone that was a carat bigger and it sold for over $2000

pokerface

Brilliant_Rock
It hasn't sold. Just because something is listed at a particular price point does not mean it is worth that price or that anyone will buy it. I am glad you like your ring but it is not worth anywhere near $2000. An inexperienced gem consumer is not likely to stumble upon a great deal, and it is even less likely that such a person could turn their purchases for profit. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe there is any gemstone where the description of "brownish" would increase its value.

Newb2U

Shiny_Rock
It hasn't sold. Just because something is listed at a particular price point does not mean it is worth that price or that anyone will buy it. I am glad you like your ring but it is not worth anywhere near $2000. An inexperienced gem consumer is not likely to stumble upon a great deal, and it is even less likely that such a person could turn their purchases for profit. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe there is any gemstone where the description of "brownish" would increase its value.

The brownish part is just to specify that it's not 100 percent imperial in nature,mines more redish,with serious contrast between the orange and black that I can't capture on camera..

pokerface

Brilliant_Rock
The stone is very brown and very dark. The title of your thread is, "Is this shade of topaz expensive?" It is not. It is a common shade of topaz, which is already a cheap stone (most of the time). It is set in what appears to be an inexpensive silver or silver-toned ring. You can buy a brighter topaz in a more attractive setting for under $50 on Etsy. I hope the ring brings you joy. I do wish people on these forums would stop asking questions if they don't want to hear the answer.

Newb2U

Shiny_Rock
The stone is very brown and very dark. The title of your thread is, "Is this shade of topaz expensive?" It is not. It is a common shade of topaz, which is already a cheap stone (most of the time). It is set in what appears to be an inexpensive silver or silver-toned ring. You can buy a brighter topaz in a more attractive setting for under $50 on Etsy. I hope the ring brings you joy. I do wish people on these forums would stop asking questions if they don't want to hear the answer.

It's more of a red topaz,which I can't show with my camera,red topaz is actually quite valuable...

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That particular stone is an Imperial Topaz, and yes they are worth more.

However if one were to buy this stone at that price, one would expect if not demand for the stone to be certified by a reputable laboratory to confirm its provenance.

The cutting of that stone also appears to be of better quality than yours.

Until your own stone is certified and confirmed as an Imperial Topaz, it remains as an ordinary orangey brown Topaz that is unlikely to be worth a lot of money.

Your comparison is not like for like, the colour alone may look similar, however that's about it to be honest.

It may come as a disappointment to you, however, I, along with the other contributors cannot honestly say your own stone is worth a lot of money based on the colour and cutting alone.

Enjoy wearing your ring.

W

westofhere

In your other post about this ring you described it as “Orange champagne topaz.”
Here you’ve described it as orange, “brownish gold imperial,” and now red. I’d advise you to stop worrying about color and value—I’m guessing you paid less than a hundred dollars for it, and to have a piece of jewelry one wears and loves for so little money is what makes it a good deal. Wear it and have fun!

Newb2U

Shiny_Rock
That particular stone is an Imperial Topaz, and yes they are worth more.

However if one were to buy this stone at that price, one would expect if not demand for the stone to be certified by a reputable laboratory to confirm its provenance.

The cutting of that stone also appears to be of better quality than yours.

Until your own stone is certified and confirmed as an Imperial Topaz, it remains as an ordinary orangey brown Topaz that is unlikely to be worth a lot of money.

Your comparison is not like for like, the colour alone may look similar, however that's about it to be honest.

It may come as a disappointment to you, however, I, along with the other contributors cannot honestly say your own stone is worth a lot of money based on the colour and cutting alone.

Enjoy wearing your ring.

Thanks

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will never stop being baffled when folks come here with questions and then refuse to accept the answer

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results