shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this setting "suitable"?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dystran

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

Does this 6 claw tiffany style setting look okay to you? (It''s for a 1 Carat round).

Setting ID: ERB0046P
Diamond Cut: Round Brilliant
Subtype: solitaire setting
Metal: platinum 950
Metal Finish: bright polish
Prong Metal: platinum 950
Approximate Width: 3mm
Setting Type: tiffany

M0046P.jpg

Dystran

Rough_Rock
Or second choice is this..

M0072P.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Depends.

It's not a Tiffany copy. Or really, even close. So if you are after a Tiffany copy... no. But it's a pretty setting if all you want is a nice setting for your diamond.

ETA: The second one isn't a Tiffany copy either... though it's closer. Also, a nice setting. But it depends what you are after.

ayala_jessica

Shiny_Rock
Well if the setting is appropriate or not is mostly a matter of taste but if it is a 6 prongs knife edge solitaire Tiffany replica you are looking for, then the one you posted seems definitely not suitable. The tiffany doesn''t have a cathedral on both sides of the head and the head itself is not "tulip" shaped like the real thing.

About the taste question, I find this setting too heavy but it is really a personal thing.

You may want to check this thread https://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/just-got-my-fiances-engagement-ring-back-had-the-setting-changed-to-superbcert-s-tiffany-replica-t57558.html for a "much closer to the real look " replica of the Tiffany setting.

Dystran

Rough_Rock
Thanks both. Funnily enough, I thought the first one was a little too heavy (manly).

Does anyone know of anyone in the UK that can provide quite pretty settings (possibly Tiffany style, but not essential). I would be looking for lower price range rather than expensive professional copies.

ayala_jessica

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/11/2007 1:44:32 PM
Author: Dystran
Thanks both. Funnily enough, I thought the first one was a little too heavy (manly).

Does anyone know of anyone in the UK that can provide quite pretty settings (possibly Tiffany style, but not essential). I would be looking for lower price range rather than expensive professional copies.
Did you check with Bluenile UK ? I don''t know if they accept to set stones that are not purchased from them but it is worth trying.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results