Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this setting "suitable"?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dystran

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

Does this 6 claw tiffany style setting look okay to you? (It''s for a 1 Carat round).

Setting ID: ERB0046P
Diamond Cut: Round Brilliant
Subtype: solitaire setting
Metal: platinum 950
Metal Finish: bright polish
Prong Metal: platinum 950
Approximate Width: 3mm
Setting Type: tiffany

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Depends.

It's not a Tiffany copy. Or really, even close. So if you are after a Tiffany copy... no. But it's a pretty setting if all you want is a nice setting for your diamond.

ETA: The second one isn't a Tiffany copy either... though it's closer. Also, a nice setting. But it depends what you are after.

ayala_jessica

Shiny_Rock
Well if the setting is appropriate or not is mostly a matter of taste but if it is a 6 prongs knife edge solitaire Tiffany replica you are looking for, then the one you posted seems definitely not suitable. The tiffany doesn''t have a cathedral on both sides of the head and the head itself is not "tulip" shaped like the real thing.

About the taste question, I find this setting too heavy but it is really a personal thing.

You may want to check this thread https://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/just-got-my-fiances-engagement-ring-back-had-the-setting-changed-to-superbcert-s-tiffany-replica-t57558.html for a "much closer to the real look " replica of the Tiffany setting.

Dystran

Rough_Rock
Thanks both. Funnily enough, I thought the first one was a little too heavy (manly).

Does anyone know of anyone in the UK that can provide quite pretty settings (possibly Tiffany style, but not essential). I would be looking for lower price range rather than expensive professional copies.

ayala_jessica

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/11/2007 1:44:32 PM
Author: Dystran
Thanks both. Funnily enough, I thought the first one was a little too heavy (manly).

Does anyone know of anyone in the UK that can provide quite pretty settings (possibly Tiffany style, but not essential). I would be looking for lower price range rather than expensive professional copies.
Did you check with Bluenile UK ? I don''t know if they accept to set stones that are not purchased from them but it is worth trying.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Actress Grace Kelly and Prince Rainier III of Monaco's Wedding
    Actress Grace Kelly and Prince Rainier III of Monaco's Wedding
    Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip’s Love Story told through Jewelry
    Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip’s Love Story told through Jewelry
    Style File: Emma Watson
    Style File: Emma Watson

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.