shape
carat
color
clarity

is this setting safe

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

juan

Rough_Rock
Please tell me if you think this ring is too fragile for a one carat diamond. I know that I will have to change the head. Love it because the price is right and it is the first thing that I have seen similar to what my fiancee wants. Don''t want to go the custom root if we don''t have to.

Juan

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Juan,

Try attaching picture again, it did not come through.

Diamondlil

juan

Rough_Rock
sorry! that is what i get for doing this on company time.
TWO TONE DIAMOND ENGAGEMENT RING W GUARD Item number: 2689563992 on ebay link :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43212&item=2689563992

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cannot answer your question, but that is exquisite. It reminds me a little of my own set in that it can be worn two ways.

ebayring.jpeg

juan

Rough_Rock
here is the picture as an attachment. please take a look.

ringpicture.jpg

juan

Rough_Rock
AGBF: glad you like it too. i think it is super but am afraid that it will be too fragile to hold a carat.
i would love to see yours if you have a picture. it would be nice to see a ring that is original.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
In the e-bay page it says the following:

"The piece can hold a .25-.50 Carat center stone"

It is not set up for a 1 ct!!

juan

Rough_Rock
I emailed the store and they said that i could just change the head for holding the diamond and it would be fine. just would like some confirmations from other.

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, Juan. I have a similar ring to that one and the head was changed out. When I referred you to that seller on your original post on the other thread, I meant to tell you that the heads can be changed. It is safe.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 2/5/2004 4:45:44 PM juan wrote:

I emailed the store and they said that i could just change the head for holding the diamond and it would be fine. just would like some confirmations from other.

----------------

That sounds GREAT!!!!! Keep us informed!! I hope we get a picture with your stone in it one day, Juan!!! I will try to post a picture of my ring here.

Deb

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Juan,

Here is a collage of photos of my solitaire and its guards put together by Josh. You must check out the thread in "Show Me The Ring" which has the rings of many Pricescope members in it. Josh and tomatoe both put a lot of work into posting photos to that thread and it is my all-time favorite Pricescope thread!

collagebyJosh.jpeg

juan

Rough_Rock
agbf: would you mind telling me how wide your ring is so that i can get an idea of what different band widths?

Tek

Rough_Rock
AGBF: with those eternity bands, do you have any issues chipping the diamonds on the band? My GF wants an eternity band and I cringe when I think about her grabbing a door knob or a coffee cup and clanging the bottom side of the eternity band against them. I keep telling her to just get the diamonds on top, but she is pretty adament about wanting the diamonds all the way around the wedding band.

roshita

Rough_Rock
If head change is done properly, security of a 1 ct diamond should not be an issue. Unless of course you are a professional wrestler and you will be wearing it to work.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No safety issue whatsoever there. It does look dainty, but rings are not often threatened with being torn apart, are they? The combination with the yellow band looks very inspired... I wish there were little yellow diamonds in it
2.gif

juan

Rough_Rock
Yes I was thinking that it would be amazing in yellow diamonds. Unfortunately, it isn't in the budget. Maybe someday we will change them.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Juan it's a lovely ring, and if you can get the head changed, adn you don't have to buy THAT exact ring, then I say GO for it! it is so unique and lovely! I know she and her friends will absolutely drool over it! Enjoy!

juan

Rough_Rock
sad.gif
the ring was sold. should i try to get it re-made? any clues how much it should cost to re-create the ring after it sold for $270?

lost-all-over-again

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 2/5/2004 6:08:14 PM juan wrote:

agbf: would you mind telling me how wide your ring is so that i can get an idea of what different band widths?----------------

Sorry to be late, Juan. I just saw your question. My band varies in width. As you can see, near the stone it is very thin-but it's deep. As it starts to curve under it becomes wider and less deep. I once had shots of the band from different angles, but I am afraid that they have been lost.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 2/5/2004 9:47:13 PM Tek wrote:

AGBF: with those eternity bands, do you have any issues chipping the diamonds on the band? My GF wants an eternity band and I cringe when I think about her grabbing a door knob or a coffee cup and clanging the bottom side of the eternity band against them. I keep telling her to just get the diamonds on top, but she is pretty adament about wanting the diamonds all the way around the wedding band. ----------------

My stones do *NOT* go all the way around. I am guessing that you asked me the question that you did because you thought that they did. If I misunderstood and you are asking how the guards hold up even though the stones DO NOT go all the way around, I have to say that I wear them infrequently. That appears to be one way to keep one's jewelry I good shape. I would never *recommend* my way to anyone, but I just don't wear any jewelry every day except my wedding band and some stud earrings.

Deb :)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Juan,

I realize that you have (at least temporarily) "lost" your ring, but I am going to show you how mine is made anyway. As you can see, its width varies. BTW, I am going to bet you can get the same ring that was sold-either from the vendor that sold that or another vendor!

ring5.JPG

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tek,

This picture is for you, to show you that my stones do not go all the way around the band. This photo is more than a little frightening. A giant finger up close. Sorry about that!!!

ring7.jpg

juan

Rough_Rock
thank you all ever so much for your kind words and advice. i will try to price how much replicating the ring by a local jeweller will be. hopefully still a great price. here they only use 18K gold so it will be interesting to see the differences. if i am going to have the ring custom made then i will get it made with more substantial bands. any ideas what kind of price range it would be for a little more gold and to change it from 14K to 18K? quality work is out this world so it might be better to have it made by the original jeweller. sorry for running on, just tired. thought that a great end was within sight and now there is so much still to do.
again, thanks for being so wonderful.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results