shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this ruby faceted, or not?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
The sheer graphic quality of this ring attracted me - so red and so white. I can''t tell from the pics or the description what this cut is? The dollop of jelly cut? I think I see some straight lines in there...

...platinum ruby & diamond ring set with fine quality Burma ruby in the center flanked by two lively trapezoid shape diamonds. Center stone is approximately 3.49 carats and it is a lively ruby with beautiful red color. Total weight of the diamonds is approximately 1 carat G color VS clarity.

ring_ruby_3863.jpg

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks faceted to me. Not very good pix though.

Lisa

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree the picture isn''t very good. I love the color though
9.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
someone went a little crazy with photoshop
That photo has been so edited that I would be ashamed too use it for sales use.

MaineGemCutter

Rough_Rock
Yes faceted, but photoshopped to death as strm said, the ring will NOT look like this in person. The stone has been severely color enhanced to make it look so red. So the "sheer graphic quality" won''t be what you see here. I would be willing to guess that the diamonds have been "electronically clarity enhanced" and will also look nothing like the photo.

This actually may be a mock-up made to show what the ring MIGHT look like, a lot of companies do this.

It is just a simple, crude, native OVAL step cut with horrendous proportions.

I wouldn''t even think about purchasing this unless you can see it in person or it is under $100. They might have a return policy but any reputable company wouldn''t be doing these tricks so... I would be very weary. Caveat emptor.

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/15/2007 5:10:55 AM
Author: MaineGemCutter
Yes faceted, but photoshopped to death as strm said, the ring will NOT look like this in person. The stone has been severely color enhanced to make it look so red. So the 'sheer graphic quality' won't be what you see here. I would be willing to guess that the diamonds have been 'electronically clarity enhanced' and will also look nothing like the photo.

This actually may be a mock-up made to show what the ring MIGHT look like, a lot of companies do this.

I wouldn't even think about purchasing this unless you can see it in person or it is under $100. They might have a return policy but any reputable company wouldn't be doing these tricks so... I would be very weary. Caveat emptor.

It's listed for $16,500 at M. Khordipour (http://www.estatediamondjewelry.com). The photo definitely is not as revealing as some others on the site - LadyAmythyst's peridot ring, for instance - even though that image is 'cleaned up', too. Many of the pics there are way overexposed and lacking detail... some are better.

I don't want the ring... I was just struck by the vividness of it.

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/15/2007 12:12:02 PM
Author: Ninama

Yes faceted, but photoshopped to death as strm said, the ring will NOT look like this in person. The stone has been severely color enhanced to make it look so red. So the ''sheer graphic quality'' won''t be what you see here. I would be willing to guess that the diamonds have been ''electronically clarity enhanced'' and will also look nothing like the photo.

I wouldn''t even think about purchasing this unless you can see it in person or it is under $100. They might have a return policy but any reputable company wouldn''t be doing these tricks so... I would be very weary. Caveat emptor.

It''s listed for $16,500 at M. Khordipour (http://www.estatediamondjewelry.com). The photo definitely is not as revealing as some others on the site - LadyAmythyst''s peridot ring, for instance - even though that image is ''cleaned up'', too. Many of the pics there are way overexposed and lacking detail... some are better.

I don''t want the ring... I was just struck by the vividness of it.
I knew that was Khordipour right away.

I think it looks like a mock up photo - not even a photo of an actual ring. Personally since I think they really do carry very nice things, I would call them and ask them what the deal is.

Before I got my peridot from them I was wondering if there was any way it would actually look as good as that photo. But it def. did! So I would be more inclined to trust them or give them the benefit of the doubt rather than not.

I think that the cut of that ruby could look very pretty in person. It''s more organic like a rose cut.

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/15/2007 3:28:42 PM
Author: LadyAmythyst69

Yes faceted, but photoshopped to death as strm said, the ring will NOT look like this in person. The stone has been severely color enhanced to make it look so red. So the ''sheer graphic quality'' won''t be what you see here. I would be willing to guess that the diamonds have been ''electronically clarity enhanced'' and will also look nothing like the photo.

It''s listed for $16,500 at M. Khordipour (http://www.estatediamondjewelry.com). The photo definitely is not as revealing as some others on the site - LadyAmythyst''s peridot ring, for instance - even though that image is ''cleaned up'', too. Many of the pics there are way overexposed and lacking detail... some are better.

I think it looks like a mock up photo - not even a photo of an actual ring. Personally since I think they really do carry very nice things, I would call them and ask them what the deal is.

Before I got my peridot from them I was wondering if there was any way it would actually look as good as that photo. But it def. did! So I would be more inclined to trust them or give them the benefit of the doubt rather than not.

I think that the cut of that ruby could look very pretty in person. It''s more organic like a rose cut.

Your peridot ring is smashing.... it was fun to see it listed as "sold", and to know who had it!

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/15/2007 4:50:46 PM

Date: 12/15/2007 3:28:42 PM
Author: LadyAmythyst69

Your peridot ring is smashing.... it was fun to see it listed as ''sold'', and to know who had it!
It was fun for me to see that too! LOL!
2.gif

I think if that ruby ring looks anything like the picture then it is probably a very pretty ring. Something about it is appealing. But I really wish we could see an "in real life" shot of it!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That ruby is definitely faceted but the cutting is terribly poor. It has practically no crown height. The colour also seems to be over saturated/overexposed. If it is indeed a ring being sold by M. Khordipour, I am disappointed by such practice from a reputable company. Why must he resort to such tactics? Why not show a REAL picture of the ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results