shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this round 0.98 D VS2 H&A worthy?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

turbo

Rough_Rock
I have found a 0.98 D VS2 that has a depth of 62.3% and is an AGS 000, H&A however the arrows are slightly off kilt and the hearts aren't perfectly pointy. I was told that anything with a depth of over 61, run away from. Is this true? The angles and depths are excellent though. There is a crystal and cloud right in the center to make it a VS2.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 11/2/2002 9:45:36 PM I was told that anything with a depth of over 61, run away from. Is this true? The angles and depths are excellent though. ----------------

This is written in Fred C's book. Since much of the book is rubbish, I wonder about this one also. My eyes tell me differently.

turbo

Rough_Rock
The stone is a VS2, with a crystal cloud right in the center. Is this Ok? Is it better if the imperfections are outside of the table?

BigLou

Rough_Rock
I would be most concerned with the fact that there are two imperfections in the table. Are they visible to the naked eye? If they are then I would search for a different stone. It may be a VS2 but we all know that the clarity can definitely be certed as one thing but then after viewing the stone we don't agree with the cert. I usually stay away from stones that have imperfections in the table. I would take a clean SI1 that has a clear table over a questionable VS2 with imperfections in the table. Especially if they are visible with the naked eye. Good Luck

barry

Shiny_Rock
Turbo;

a coupla questions for you:
Since the center imperfections are a concern
for you;

1.Have you "seen" this diamond? Is it eye-clean
to you?

2. A depth of over 62% tells me that the diamond's
light-output is taking a hit somewhere. Does this
diamond come with a BrillianceScope report.
If it does, examine carefully the 5 light positions on the Report:
Is there even and uniform distribution of white light,
colored light, and scintillation across the entire
surface of the diamond and harmonious blend of all three?
In any of the 5 images can you detect 'dead spots'
where the diamond is just not 'lighting up'?

If you can see these shortcomings and coupled with the
less than stellar H&A symmetry, I'd pass on this one.
For your hard-earned money, you don't need to
second-guess yourself. The fact is that you will
be able to purchase either a branded or unbranded
top-shelf Super-Ideal H&A that just rocks on all
counts.

I'd also agree with BigLou, that you consider a
"eye-clean SI clarity. Just be careful that the
SI imperfection, if it is near the girdle does
not break the surface plane and/or is not rainbow colored.
Those are trouble.

Barry
www.superbcert.com

turbo

Rough_Rock
http://www.goodoldgold.com/_98ct_d_vs2_h&a.htm

Here is the diamond in question. It is nice, but maybe a little off with symmetry.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 11/3/2002 2:32:10 PM

http://www.goodoldgold.com/_98ct_d_vs2_h&a.htm

Here is the diamond in question. It is nice, but maybe a little off with symmetry.
----------------

Looks like a nice stone. What does the dealer have to say about the stone? What's your heart telling you? Can you view it before purchasing? What is the return policy?

turbo

Rough_Rock
There is a great money back return policy. The dealer says that he would choose this one because it is rarer, however, ultimately it is my decision. Should I go with a similar but slightly larger, F color diamond with better symmetry that is a little more money?

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 11/3/2002 2:49:35 PM

There is a great money back return policy. The dealer says that he would choose this one because it is rarer, however, ultimately it is my decision. Should I go with a similar but slightly larger, F color diamond with better symmetry that is a little more money?
----------------

Go w/ your heart. I assume this is an engagement ring. What do you think your soon to be would want? Personally, I would go larger g/h range (VS-SI1)....or pay less & either save for marriage or honeymoon........BUT, that is me - you also have to consider your age & her finger size, etc. AND, your budget

In the end, it's up to you and what HER preference is....she is the one wearing the ring for a very long time.

Good luck. The rock sounds nice. It sounds like anything you choose will be very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results