clarity

Is this Rolex too masculine?

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1486513200|4125703 said:
momhappy|1486512143|4125691 said:
Rockdiamond|1486506374|4125643 said:
momhappy said:
I quit wearing my Rolex because I didn't care to put it on a watch winder every time I took it off and therefore, it never kept proper time.

Wait- the thing actually tells time??
I just love sporting it for the look!

:lol:
That was exactly the problem....it wasn't keeping time.....It was embarrassing when someone would ask me what time it was :???: - it made it seem like I was just sporting it for the look (and I'm all about the look, but it has to be somewhat functional too).

I'm confused.

Was it performing as it was designed to?
It's hard to believe someone would buy a several thousand dollar watch without learning self-winding watches eventually stop if you don't wear them.
Even if the buyer did no research, this must be in the owner's manual.

... or was your Rolex actually defective/broken/malfunctioning?

If it was functioning as designed it's not fair for you to blame Rolex for yours 'not keeping time', when you just did not follow directions.

That's like blaming Toyota for your car not running, when it was out of gas.

No, it's not like blaming Toyota for your car not running when it's out of gas because I'm not blaming Rolex for my watch not running. In my second post, I said that I didn't care to put it on a winder every time I took it off to keep it functioning properly - that means the fault is mine. I bought a Rolex because I thought it was pretty and I wasn't thinking about functionality. I have since learned that I prefer a watch that doesn't require any additional maintenance (and for me, that includes putting it on a winder when not in use), which has nothing to do with a quality issue. I think Rolex is a good quality product - it's just not my preference after having owned one and other luxury watch brands.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1486533993|4125838 said:
momhappy|1486505059|4125632 said:
I quit wearing my Rolex because I didn't care to put it on a watch winder every time I took it off and therefore, it never kept proper time.
Then buy a manual wind watch... :wink2:

I did :D

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the clarification.

BTW, one could also think of the 'self-winding' Rolex as one you have to hand-wind too (if you don't wear it every day). :wink2:

Also, a stopped watch is exactly accurate twice a day.
Running watches and clocks rarely are. :lol:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine sometimes stops over a long weekend if I haven't worn it but resetting it is not a big deal for me. I have a watch winder but just don't use it as most days this is not an issue for me.

To the OP - I could not pull off a watch that size but it does look nice on you. As someone else said, oversize seems to be in vogue these days so why not? Wear it and enjoy it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results