shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this Rolex too masculine?

liloette

Rough_Rock
My husband doesn't wear his Rolex and I thought maybe I should give it a try. It's a oyster perpetual datejust and I assume it is mid size. Currently, it is way too big for my little wrist. Your not going to hurt my feelings here, I do prefer first instinct honesty!

img_14893.jpg

img_14894.jpg

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm a Rolex lover so take this for what it's worth....
I think it looks amazing.
Bold.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it may depend on you and your style. I'm not a 'big watch' person myself, so I'd find it (on me) a bit big/masculine because of the design and size; however, if you normally wear larger watches or your personal style sometimes crosses paths between "feminine" and "masculine", then by all means ... rock it! How you feel (confidence-wise) wearing it will determine whether you can 'pull it off' so to speak. :wavey:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm with JoCoJenn in not being a big watch person on myself, but I think it looks great on you! And really, it's just sitting there unworn so why not try it? Rock it for a few days and see how you feel. If you don't like it, no harm, no foul!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks good!

If you have a full length mirror, try a selfie from a distance for a "real life perspective".

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks great, especially because (from the tattoos) you seem like someone who can pull off a "bold" look. I'd say ROCK IT! :wavey:

PS the tattoo comment was meant as a compliment from a fellow tattooed woman :)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This seems like its your aesthetic, and it works well with your ring (which is beautiful btw)

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks fantastic!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
liloette|1486487570|4125387 said:
My husband doesn't wear his Rolex and I thought maybe I should give it a try. It's a oyster perpetual datejust and I assume it is mid size. Currently, it is way too big for my little wrist. Your not going to hurt my feelings here, I do prefer first instinct honesty!

Don't mean to be mean at all, I think it looks too big. But you know it's up to you. I would take that watch in a nano! and the other thing is your lifestyle, if you are young, millenial, (anything under 55 is young to me :) )that could be a true statement piece.
If you love it, it's perfect.

kylier

Shiny_Rock
I think it looks cool!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe women wearing larger watches is currently a fashion trend.
Another trend is gender bending and androgyny, aka genderfvck.

Since you are asking whether the watch is too masculine apparently appearing masculine is a concern for you.
For that reason you may feel more comfortable just wearing a smaller, more traditionally feminine, watch.
Nothing wrong with that.
Having traditional preferences is not inferior to having progressive ones.

We are all 100% free to 'get with it' or not.
I oppose social pressure to conform.

Just do whatever you like and are comfortable with.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nowadays big watches are in style. I see a lot of women sporting big watches, so go for it!. Hard to tell from the pic that your datejust is a mid size 31mm or a 36mm.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I like it. I have a big Yachtmaster--although it is heavy, I love the (mm) size.

cheers--Sharon

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cannot pull it off since it feels uncomfortable to me, but if you like it and it fits your style, rock it!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the size on you! Any bigger and it would be too big for my taste. I can't wear those huge faced watches that many like, although my eyes might appreciate being able to see what time it is better. :lol:

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMO the size looks good on you. I'm not a fan of fluted bezels because they look very manly to me but that's a style preference. When I was pg and couldn't clasp on my regular watch because my wrists swelled up, I wore DH's datejust for some time.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Yes, in my opinion, it looks masculine. If that's the look your'e going for, it fits the bill. If not, I'd keep searching.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For me it would be, but hey, whatever floats your boat!

liloette

Rough_Rock
I'm guessing this is the midsize. My wrist is tiny!

liloette

Rough_Rock
momhappy|1486502503|4125607 said:
Yes, in my opinion, it looks masculine. If that's the look your'e going for, it fits the bill. If not, I'd keep searching.

I'm quite happy with my $24 Casio honestly ha ha. Figure I'll give the Rolex a whirl since it's here. Thanks all.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I quit wearing my Rolex because I didn't care to put it on a watch winder every time I took it off and therefore, it never kept proper time.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
momhappy said:
I quit wearing my Rolex because I didn't care to put it on a watch winder every time I took it off and therefore, it never kept proper time.

Wait- the thing actually tells time??
I just love sporting it for the look!

liloette

Rough_Rock
momhappy|1486505059|4125632 said:

i don't even know what a watch winder is! lol. the watch seems to keep accurate time and it hasn't been worn for quite a while.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
liloette|1486507044|4125651 said:

i don't even know what a watch winder is! lol. the watch seems to keep accurate time and it hasn't been worn for quite a while.

Some rolex models are known as 'self-winding'.
There is a weight thingie that spins around when you move your wrist.
This spinning compresses a spring, the source of the watch's energy.
So actually the watch does not wind itself, moving the watch does.

If you don't wear the watch the spring eventually gives up all it's stored energy and the watch stops.
I think they run around a day or so after being taken off.

Now, what's a winder? ... something you put the watch on when not wearing it.
The winder moves, which winds the watch, so it never stops.
That way you don't have to set the time when you put the watch on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8VFJRWv2iY+-

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Rockdiamond|1486506374|4125643 said:
momhappy said:

:lol:
That was exactly the problem....it wasn't keeping time.....It was embarrassing when someone would ask me what time it was :???: - it made it seem like I was just sporting it for the look (and I'm all about the look, but it has to be somewhat functional too).

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1486512143|4125691 said:
Rockdiamond|1486506374|4125643 said:
momhappy said:

:lol:
That was exactly the problem....it wasn't keeping time.....It was embarrassing when someone would ask me what time it was :???: - it made it seem like I was just sporting it for the look (and I'm all about the look, but it has to be somewhat functional too).

I'm confused.

Was it performing as it was designed to?
It's hard to believe someone would buy a several thousand dollar watch without learning self-winding watches eventually stop if you don't wear them.
Even if the buyer did no research, this must be in the owner's manual.

... or was your Rolex actually defective/broken/malfunctioning?

If it was functioning as designed it's not fair for you to blame Rolex for yours 'not keeping time', when you just did not follow directions.

That's like blaming Toyota for your car not running, when it was out of gas.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks great. I hate dainty looking watches. Just cause I'm a gal doesn't mean I don't like a big watch!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Since the hubbie ain't wearing it, I'd snap that puppy up. You can totally pull that off. I'd wear it and I've got wee wrists.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
liloette|1486507044|4125651 said:

This is my 3 watch winder it can keep 3 auto watches fully winded 24/7.

_39018.jpg

koi_1.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Then buy a manual wind watch... :wink2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results