shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this ring too cocktail-ish for an e-ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
... which I only mention since you said you''d like to be able to wear your ring every day. It''s tough to weigh wearability with love... because if you truly LOVE the double halo, you may regret choosing something more sensible in the long run.

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I love the double halo, I think it looks like an heirloom engagement ring and the diamond is a nice size, but no obnoxious either, to be ''too big'' or offensive to wear around your clients. If I were in a rough position financially, I would not begrudge someone else of their engagement ring, because of my circumstances. I would wear it and enjoy it...if it is substantial enough, you may not even wear a wedding band after you are married...the ring itself could be enough. Or you could get a curved band to go around the halo, there are a lot of styles/shapes that could work.

If you love it, go for it. Put it this way, you could keep that ring forever, you may change jobs in the course of your career however...would you be sorry later in life, if you didn''t get the ring, due to the job you have now?

GG414

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/22/2009 1:36:52 PM
Author: neatfreak
As someone who has worked and volunteered at many non-profits with those less fortunate-yes I think it''s over the top.

But I also think that you should buy what you love. I think the idea of wearing an eternity everyday as your WB and wearing this on your right hand once you are married is a great idea. I often wear just my plain trinity ring as a WB when I volunteer. I just don''t like to stick my diamonds in someone''s face who is having a hard time paying their rent ya know?

Thank you for your honesty. Yes, that is my initial reaction too, but I was *hoping* I might be wrong. Ha! I should continue my search. Unfortunately I love the art deco style, so even simpler looking art deco rings are still pretty glitzy.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/22/2009 1:36:52 PM
Author: neatfreak
As someone who has worked and volunteered at many non-profits with those less fortunate-yes I think it''s over the top.

But I also think that you should buy what you love. I think the idea of wearing an eternity everyday as your WB and wearing this on your right hand once you are married is a great idea. I often wear just my plain trinity ring as a WB when I volunteer. I just don''t like to stick my diamonds in someone''s face who is having a hard time paying their rent ya know?

I agree with neatfreak that I think it''s too much for the environment you work in. I think if you really love it get it and then find something a litte less ornate to wear to work. When I first got engaged I managed a pool. I didn''t want to wear my diamond around all the chemicals so we bought a plain 5mm band that I wore to work. And nothing says married/taken more than a solid plain band IMO
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results