shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this ring too cocktail-ish for an e-ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

GG414

Rough_Rock
I love this ring, but does it look too much like a cocktail ring? Honestly, I like this double-halo style so much I don''t really care, but I want to know what people''s reactions are. Thanks!

DSCN0677234.jpg

Daisi2112

Shiny_Rock
I think the ring is very pretty, I like the contrast of colors!

For my personal taste, I think it''s a bit much for an e-ring. However, for others it may be just perfect
2.gif
it all depends!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is a beautiful ring, but I personally would wear it as a right hand ring rather than an engagement ring. I also think it would be difficult to wear a wedding band with it. But you certainly can choose any style you want for your ring!

GG414

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/21/2009 10:19:54 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I think it is a beautiful ring, but I personally would wear it as a right hand ring rather than an engagement ring. I also think it would be difficult to wear a wedding band with it. But you certainly can choose any style you want for your ring!

hmm, that picture makes it look huge. it is PLENTY large at 12mm diameter, but the center stone is only .8ct, which is probably not apparent from the picture. i hadn''t thought about it being difficult to find a w-band, but you''re right, that could be hard. i would consider wearing it as a rhr after getting married if that were the case and just wearing a w-band on the left.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sure, some people will get a nice diamond eternity band to wear on the left hand and wear the other ring on the right hand. You certainly could do that!

ahappygirl

Brilliant_Rock
I think it is stuning and would be a gorgeous e-ring! I do think it stands alone on it''s own and even if you could find a WB to pair it with I''m not sure you''d want to do that (depends on what you find!)

I wore my e-ring and WB together on my left hand for almost 10 years, and after an mortal injury to the e-ring, now wear a new e-ring that looks best alone on my left hand, my WB on my right. I switch the WB to my left when I''m doing some activity that might damage my e-ring. It''s really about what you are comfortable with. It''s such a personal decision but you''ll feel best if you have something you really love. Once in a while someone asks me if I''m engaged, which justs makes me smile after nearly 11 married years. There are plenty of people who have e-rings that aren''t the sterotype, which I think is awesome.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
It depends. I think it's gorgeous, and certainly some people have even bigger, more ornate rings than that for e-rings. For a younger girl as a first ring (not a ten year upgrade or anything) it might look like a bit much, but if you love it, WHO CARES? Also, you're asking based on a very large blown up picture. I'm sure the ring looks a LOT more delicate in real life. Go for it if it's what you like!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I think that would make a lovely and unique engagement ring. Honestly, if I see a diamond ring on someone''s left ring finger, that''s usually my assumption...

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Isn''t it an engagement ring, I mean as an original ring, or as a reproduction, isn''t that what it was designed to be? I''m going to punt on this one and say it seems to me it''s whatever its designer wanted it to be (and also, of course, I think you should wear it as an engagement ring if that''s what you want to do!
3.gif
)

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/21/2009 10:09:15 PM
Author:GG414
I love this ring, but does it look too much like a cocktail ring? Honestly, I like this double-halo style so much I don''t really care, but I want to know what people''s reactions are. Thanks!
Does it matter how other people react or think about it? I think you already know what you want, and in the end that''s what really matters.

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
I think it''s classy. And I think it''s cool you love it for an e-ring. Why must everyone sport the same run-of-the-mill RB solitaire e-rings anyway..?
21.gif

A few months back there''s a PS''er who posted a ring very similar to this. I remember it well cuz it was breathtaking...

SelenaLV

Rough_Rock
I think its amazing!!! If you love it, go for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I think these days if it''s a diamond ring on your left hand it''s an engagement ring. If you love it I say go for it! I do agree it would be difficult to wear a band with. Do you have any handshots? I do think it''s beautiful
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s lovely! If you love it and want it as an engagement ring then I''d go for it.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
If I saw it on your left hand I''d assume it to be an engagement ring. Go with what you love.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
It''s a beautiful ring.

With that said, i think the diamond gets lost in the double halo.

If I saw that ring on your finger, I wouldn''t notice the center stone right away and wouldn''t assume it''s an e-ring.

Like Diamondseeker said, i''d wear it as a right hand ring and wear an enternity on my left hand.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/22/2009 9:42:57 AM
Author: elle_chris
It''s a beautiful ring.

With that said, i think the diamond gets lost in the double halo.

If I saw that ring on your finger, I wouldn''t notice the center stone right away and wouldn''t assume it''s an e-ring.

Like Diamondseeker said, i''d wear it as a right hand ring and wear an enternity on my left hand.

ditto..

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would feel comfortable wearing it as an e-ring.

GG414

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/22/2009 3:13:51 AM
Author: Phoenix

Does it matter how other people react or think about it? I think you already know what you want, and in the end that''s what really matters.

Well, in the grand scheme of things I don''t care. But, I work at a non-profit. While I''m a professional and get paid a good salary many of our clients are at or below the poverty line. I would not want to come off as insensitive to our clients by wearing what may be interpreted as a really over the top piece of jewelry (even though it''s not actually very expensive). Does anyone else have this issue?

Thanks for the great advice so far everyone!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/22/2009 11:10:20 AM
Author: GG414

Well, in the grand scheme of things I don''t care. But, I work at a non-profit. While I''m a professional and get paid a good salary many of our clients are at or below the poverty line. I would not want to come off as insensitive to our clients by wearing what may be interpreted as a really over the top piece of jewelry (even though it''s not actually very expensive). Does anyone else have this issue?

That''s interesting.
I''m like you in that I won''t wear my e-ring when I find it inappropriate.
I don''t think it''s over the top but if you''re concerned with how you''re perceived by your clients, you might want to leave it at home. But I think that pretty much goes for any piece of good jewelry.

mausketeer

Shiny_Rock
I love it, and I agree with the other people who say that any diamond ring worn on the third finger of your left hand is essentially an e-ring nowadays too (the original e-ring I wanted was a pave flower!) I think it''s very sensitive of you to think about your clients feelings. Keep in mind that it looks like an antique ring so most people would probably assume it was an heirloom I think. I don''t know if that would make a difference as to whether it would make you feel more comfortable to wear at work?

- Jodie -

ms.halo

Shiny_Rock
I really think it''s gorgeous and something I would wear as an ering.
18.gif

You should get what you please and I do think it would be possible to find a wedding band to go with it as long as you don''t mind a bit of a gap (which I personally prefer).

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There''s your answer! You must buy what YOU love. After all, it''s going to be on your finger for a lifetime.

GG414

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/22/2009 11:23:26 AM
Author: elle_chris
Date: 4/22/2009 11:10:20 AM

Author: GG414

I love this ring, but does it look too much like a cocktail ring? Honestly, I like this double-halo style so much I don't really care, but I want to know what people's reactions are. Thanks!

Does it matter how other people react or think about it? I think you already know what you want, and in the end that's what really matters.

Well, in the grand scheme of things I don't care. But, I work at a non-profit. While I'm a professional and get paid a good salary many of our clients are at or below the poverty line. I would not want to come off as insensitive to our clients by wearing what may be interpreted as a really over the top piece of jewelry (even though it's not actually very expensive). Does anyone else have this issue?

That's interesting.

I'm like you in that I won't wear my e-ring when I find it inappropriate.

I don't think it's over the top but if you're concerned with how you're perceived by your clients, you might want to leave it at home. But I think that pretty much goes for any piece of good jewelry.

Exactly. That's why I wanted to know people's reactions to it b/c I would ideally like to wear it everyday. Ironically, I may end up getting something that is actually more expensive, but simpler to avoid any negative attention.

karend26

Shiny_Rock
I think what makes the most sense is to get it, if it''s the one you love (and it is absolutely gorgeous!!!) and it''s in the right price range, and then just not wear it to work. You could just wear your wedding band while at work and then slip it back on when you get home and on the weekends. Of course, that leaves the problem of what to do before you''re married, when you are only engaged. Maybe get a modest looking CZ just for work?

Conflagration

Rough_Rock
Very nice e-ring! Tasty!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
As someone who has worked and volunteered at many non-profits with those less fortunate-yes I think it''s over the top.

But I also think that you should buy what you love. I think the idea of wearing an eternity everyday as your WB and wearing this on your right hand once you are married is a great idea. I often wear just my plain trinity ring as a WB when I volunteer. I just don''t like to stick my diamonds in someone''s face who is having a hard time paying their rent ya know?

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/22/2009 12:02:00 AM
Author: AmberGretchen
I think that would make a lovely and unique engagement ring. Honestly, if I see a diamond ring on someone's left ring finger, that's usually my assumption...
Ditto!

If you're the wearer, it's all up to you and whether YOU love it as an engagement ring. If you're the giver, just make sure it's something that the wearer would want, since it is on the unique side (I mean that in a good way, but 'unique' isn't for everyone and this particular brand of 'unique' is also not for everyone).

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Whoops missed the note about the non-profit... just as a suggestion, you might want to consider something like this, which has a similar style but is more understated.

sapphirehalo198364.jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Or even something in this vein (these are just style examples, I don''t mean these exact rings necessarily)...

sapphireband8975.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results