shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this priced right???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DoctorZ

Rough_Rock
Need some advice...

So far, it''s the best that my eyes have seen in my one month of diamond shopping. It''s also one of the most expensive ones that I would consider. Is this priced correctly? It seems very very expensive.

1.40 E VS2
Ideal Polish, symmetry
Crown 34.1
Pav 40.5
Depth 59.9
Table 57

$25,245

Yep. That''s U.S. dollars in case you were wondering.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
YOUCH ... that is quite high. Even the most expensive brands aren't that much. There are diamonds that are as beautiful if not moreso at much better prices.

Rhino

DoctorZ

Rough_Rock
Forgot some info:

pointed culet
no fluorescence

DoctorZ

Rough_Rock
It's Hearts on Fire....

Is this overpricing typical of that company?

NewlyEngaged

Shiny_Rock
WOW. That sounds way high to me.

Two examples that I pulled up on Bluenile.com, just for examples sake...

I chose a Round Brilliant cut... If you go larger, one option (of many in that price range) was:

2.03 carat, E, VS1 Excellent Polish and Symmetry. This one was less than $25,000 and I am sure you can do better buying somewhere in person offline.

Cert can be seen at: http://www.bluenile.com/certs/444/GIA12403886.jpeg

Then, if you go smaller and get something even more pristine...

1.06 carat, D color, FL (Flawless) Clarity, Excellent Polish and Symmetry, etc. This one, a tad under $19,000 for a GIA certified, flawless, colorless (essentially) diamond.

Cert can be seen at: http://www.bluenile.com/certs/386/GIA12290620.jpeg

Trust me... Hold that 1.06 up to a larger diamond of average quality and yours will stand out immensely, in the positive sense of course.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results