shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this price low or too good to be true?

Lschneids01

Rough_Rock
I was shopping on ID jewelry’s lab grown diamonds and found this report for a diamond I like. Can someone help me because it seems very low in price or there is something I am missing because I admit I’m still educating myself on this sight. IMG_9426.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9429.jpeg
    IMG_9429.jpeg
    107.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_9425.png
    IMG_9425.png
    485.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_9427.jpeg
    IMG_9427.jpeg
    68 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_9430.jpeg
    IMG_9430.jpeg
    49.9 KB · Views: 11

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Hi! Ask to have this moved over to the lab diamond thread, you can do that by clicking the 'report concern' at the bottom of your post and asking to have this done, admin will help you do that.
See you over there8)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

"Is this price low or too good to be true?"​

Where is the price? I can't find it. I can tell you that this is not a well-cut stone and on top of that its an SI2. IMO, an SI2
in the lab-created world is probably not a good option.

Anyway...ditto @ItsMainelyYou . This thread needs to be moved to here:

Lschneids01

Rough_Rock
I was shopping on ID jewelry’s lab grown diamonds and found this report for a diamond for $438. Can someone help me because it seems very low in price or there is something I am missing because I admit I’m still educating myself on this sight. IMG_9426.jpeg
I was shopping on ID jewelry’s lab grown diamonds and found this report for a diamond I like. Can someone help me because it seems very low in price or there is something I am missing because I admit I’m still educating myself on this sight. IMG_9426.jpeg

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
It's not well cut and proportioned, it's got some CVD graining going on, and it has a bit of body color for being H color, in my opinion.

Listed for $740 at Brilliance and $600 at LooseGrownDiamond.

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
Hi! Ask to have this moved over to the lab diamond thread, you can do that by clicking the 'report concern' at the bottom of your post and asking to have this done, admin will help you do that.
See you over there8)

This is the lab grown thread. Like me, you probably are bouncing around! LOL

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
The margins on grown diamonds have been crazy high and as supply rises so too do prices fall.
Martin Rapaport, an industry economist predicts an eventual ceiling of around $100 a carat for all sizes.

Any idea how fast the prices will fall and when they'll reach their bottom, Garry? I want a fun honker, but prices are still too high for me.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Any idea how fast the prices will fall and when they'll reach their bottom, Garry? I want a fun honker, but prices are still too high for me.
I added the future extension lines to this chart a month or so ago.
Larger (+3ct to 10ct) diamonds should eventually bottom out at lower price per carat than say 1ct. But that will take longer.
Currently lab diamonds supply is growing at around 25% a year while in the past 2 months available diamonds have dropped by 10%.
Tenori LGD retail and cost chart plus GH forcast.jpg

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I added the future extension lines to this chart a month or so ago.
Larger (+3ct to 10ct) diamonds should eventually bottom out at lower price per carat than say 1ct. But that will take longer.
Currently lab diamonds supply is growing at around 25% a year while in the past 2 months available diamonds have dropped by 10%.
Tenori LGD retail and cost chart plus GH forcast.jpg

Gary I have been watching what you have been saying about the prices of LGD and how EGD will be affected with interest. I am thinking of finally buying an LGD for a dress ring and have found a 2.17ct stone around the $1000 dollar mark which ticks all the boxes. Based on your chart am I interpreting this correctly that you see the price being around $500 per carat by mid next year? If so the stone I have seen may be a decent buy.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Gary I have been watching what you have been saying about the prices of LGD and how EGD will be affected with interest. I am thinking of finally buying an LGD for a dress ring and have found a 2.17ct stone around the $1000 dollar mark which ticks all the boxes. Based on your chart am I interpreting this correctly that you see the price being around $500 per carat by mid next year? If so the stone I have seen may be a decent buy.
Yes, at that price the retailer is still making a healthy margin. As long as they were not holding the stone for many months.
Manufactured diamonds will cripple many Mum and Pop stores that dived into that market.
Those that are savvy and maintained their natural clients and businesses rather than "Why buy this diamond for $5k (and I only make $2k profit) when I can sell you this 2ct stone (and make $4k profit)."
There will be a lot of very unhappy clients who had a belief that a diamond is a diamond and is a bit like gold as having some intrinsic value.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results