shape
carat
color
clarity

is this price good

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pad3006

Shiny_Rock
Hi All;
I called a jewelry store near me and they are known for excellent diamonds and they told me that for a 2 carat Solatarie ring set in platnum with clarity IF to VS 2 and color from D to H it is about $15,000 is that a good price. They are also GIA certified and have ideal symatry and polish. Thanks

Phil

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
NO!
nono.gif

As you can see, not counting the setting, the bottom price you can expect to pay for the diamond alone is in excess of $17,000. H, VS2 is the least expensive 2 carat diamond you can get within the specs you stated. As the color and clarity go up, so does the price.
1.gif

twoctsearch.jpg

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
Just to clarify, the $17k is for an ideal-cut stone, i.e., one with the best proportions and brilliance. A $15k H-VS2 is not going to be as well-cut, esp. if you get it from the average jewelry store, which has a much higher mark-up than an internet retailer.

I seriously doubt you can find a 2 ct D-IF for $15k. That's about the current Rap price for a 1 ct diamond!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results