shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this possible??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

slizatch

Rough_Rock
I think that I''ve narrowed my search and this is what I''m looking for:

Cut RB around or larger than 1.5
Color H or better
Clarity VS1 or better

Looking for a 3 stone setting with diamond side stones total weight for the sides around .5 set in platinum.

NOW the question. Is it possible to find this for $10K or less. I''ve been searching but the best I can find is around $12K and up.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Since clarity is graded under 10x, have you thought about going the VS2 or maybe even an eyeclean SI1? This will save you quite a bit of money.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Anything in life is possible. What is probable however is that if you find a 1.5xct H VS1 with 2 other stones and a ring at or under 10k expect a real dog of a cut if it's even in existence.

Rhino

slizatch

Rough_Rock
I was affriad someone might say that. I was just hoping that you'd tell me I was looking in the wrong place and hadn't yet found the secret deal spot
2.gif
. THE SEARCH CONTINUES.

Thanks for the help. The posts on this site has been invaluable. You're all the best.

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with Rhino - Woof, woof!

Consider going below 1.5ct and go for the best cut...you won't be sorry!

ChooChoo

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm.. think I found it IF you drop to VS2!

Stone:
http://search.virtcert.com/cgi/u/1012/v.cgi?stock=1789577&_s=1012&_p=sdf348gd743&_c=&_fs=1&prestock=&_ln=ps

This is a 1.57 H&A AGS H VS2 for $9071, couldn't ask for better
2.gif

And for the setting with .5 ctw sidestones:

Option 1: smooth platinum, $1000
http://www.platinummfg.com/htm/product/design/SP3001-R150.htm

Option 2: engraved plat, with yellow gold accents or all plat, $1249:
http://www.platinummfg.com/images/product/300jpg/SMFL/SF3002-R100a.jpg

Either way, it'll be beautiful, and between $10,100 and $10,300 (so just a bit over your budget, but hey... close enough!)

slizatch

Rough_Rock
Man you guys are good. I'm glad I found this site. I hate so say it but before I found this place I was going to buy something at the mall. PLEASE don't shoot me. I've learned my lesson from you all.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 12/5/2003 2:53:39 PM ChooChoo wrote:

This is a 1.57 H&A AGS H VS2 for $9071, couldn't ask for better
2.gif

----------------

Couldn't ask for better? How could you know that from the limited info provided?

There's no crown/pavilion angles given. What if the pavilion angle is 42.1 and the crown angle is 35.3? This stone would likely be more dead than the unknown soldier under those conditions. You don't know yet.

Slizatch, by all means, you should consider this stone because it fits your budget, but get the more detailed information you need.

ChooChoo

Brilliant_Rock
Al,

I wasn't suggesting that he buy it without more info - although it is an AGS inscribed H&A so I doubt it's a dud - but it was the only stone that fit his criteria that left him money for the setting, and in any case it is miles better than he could do at a mall store!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 12/5/2003 7:22:46 PM ChooChoo wrote:

Al,

I wasn't suggesting that he buy it without more info - although it is an AGS inscribed H&A so I doubt it's a dud - but it was the only stone that fit his criteria that left him money for the setting, and in any case it is miles better than he could do at a mall store!
----------------

I know, and I didn't think you were suggesting that, Choo.....I just wanted to remind him to get the info. He may construe "couldn't ask for better" as an indicator that you think the stone is well-cut, and there's no way to know that without more information.

And because he's new, he may not know that just because it's inscribed H&A doesn't mean that AGS has *deemed* it an H&A. He may not realize that if the ring was inscribed with "made in Bedrock", AGS would note that on the report too.

It's because he's new that I clarify these things. I didn't tell him to disqualify the stone....I agreed that it may be a great find......MAY be. He won't know for sure until he gets more info, and being a newbie, I thought it might be helpful to remind him of that. Nothing personal to you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results