shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this possible?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
My friend is interested in getting a three stone ring for her engagement ring... She doesn''t care if it''s round or princess. She prefers white gold. Here''s the thing- Her boyfriend says his budget is about $1000, and that''s even a stretch for him! Can this be done? Any ideas where to look, aside from a pawn shop?

abcdefg

Rough_Rock
Trade
http://www.jamesallen.com/Engagement/Three-Stone-Settings/18k-White-Gold-.25-Carat-Total-Weight-Diamond-Ring.html

This ring is white gold and comes in under $1,000, so it''s technically doable, though quite small. However, it''s only $625, so you could probably get stones a little bigger.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Thanks for the quick reply!!!! She said she wants a center stone that''s "bigger than the average" which was directed at my other friend''s 1/2 ct stone... I don''t know what she''s gonna get for that price and that size... It might not be the best in quality. I''m gonna try to find a few different options for him to take a look at. Thanks for the help!!!!!

blastdoor

Shiny_Rock
if your friend is willing to take the ring in 14k wg, it'll help bring the price of the setting a little lower... but i wouldn't suggest going anywhere lower than 14k..

i saw on a (non ps) vendor's website that their 14k wg "Classic Three Stone Rings" with either round or princess side stones are going for about $500 each (without center).. but I'm not sure what size stones can we find with the remaining budget...

there are quite a few 0.5ct "J" "SI1" stones i see available for $550 up from JA and Solomon Bro's, but the cuts might not be as "ideal" or "excellent" as other higher priced ones..

hopefully others might come in with better findings...

hope this helps.. and best of luck to you and your friend...

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Not a 3-stone or white gold, but a pretty nice looking half carat princess for $1100:

JointVenture_100-00120.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can the side stones be sapphires and the center a diamond? That would help too.

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
This whole wedding set is $875. I''ll stop now!

JointVenture_100-00027.jpg

beach

Brilliant_Rock
Blue Nile has several 3 stone pre set rings for around 1200. Plenty of single stone rings for under 1000 at Blue Nile too.

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
I lied. One more: this one is $875.

JointVenture_100-00006.jpg

blastdoor

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 10:49:05 PM
Author: NeverEndingUpgrade
This whole wedding set is $875. I''ll stop now!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
yes.. this set is nice nice nice NeverEnding... it really caught my eye when I was browsing the link you attached... and perfect for the price...
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NeverEnding,
Do you know the quality of the diamonds of all those 3 stone rings you posted? I know $1K is a tough budget for a 3 stone but I believe once she sees a top quality diamond (not necessarily ideal cut), the sparkle will dazzle her eyes and a well cut diamond usually measure and look larger than a comparable carat weight diamond of poor cut.

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono, maybe you can find some complete 3-stone rings with ideal cuts for the OP under $1000. I don''t really know where to find those at that price point.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/20/2009 10:57:26 PM
Author: NeverEndingUpgrade
Chrono, maybe you can find some complete 3-stone rings with ideal cuts for the OP under $1000. I don't really know where to find those at that price point.
As mentioned in my post, they don't need to be ideal cuts at all, just at least very good cuts. The JA 3-stone ring looks decent. Those you posted appeared to have dark areas that are unattractive to my eye.

www.winkjones.com would be a good place to start. Wink can easily get well cut J/K & mostly eye clean SI2/3 diamonds and slap them together in a simple standard 3 stone WG setting.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
At $1000, I think something has to give, if it''s 3-stone and the center is GREATER THAN .50, as is requested.

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
His new site is highperformancediamonds.com. I didn't see 3 diamonds you could put together for a 3-stone for under $1000. His least expensive stone right now is a .53 J/VS2 priced at $1289 not including the PS 5% discount. But he might have some hidden away that are not posted.

I realize the rings I posted are not super-ideals, but for someone with a budget of $1000, some of them looked darn nice for a complete 3-stone. I will leave it to the OP and friend to decide if the rings are what they want. I'm pretty sure that Tuckins knows enough about diamond quality to help her friend.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve know Wink can easily procure lower coloured and clarity stones but he doesn''t advertise them a lot. You will occasionally him advertise "clearances" on great looking ideal cut J I1 stones for unbelieveable prices.

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 11:03:29 PM
Author: motownmama
At $1000, I think something has to give, if it''s 3-stone and the center is GREATER THAN .50, as is requested.
Correct.

Noahsmom

Shiny_Rock
I don''t want to sound mean, but OP''s friend needs to either give up on the quality of all 3 diamonds, and go with the idea of upgrading later, rethink her budget or help save pennies until she can get the ring she wants.
I think she needs to be realistic in her expectations, especially if $1000 is pushing the limit.
The posters have presented some very nice and reasonable options, I hope they are up to what she wants and likes.
Would she be willing to do something a little different and do a center stone as diamond and 2 stones as a colored stone?

blastdoor

Shiny_Rock
how about this?

the JA setting at $625.00 + this diamond (see cert search attached) also from JA at $550 to complete a $1,175.00 3-stone ring...

the diamond seems nice to me with a HCA of 0.7 TIC (ex/ex/ex/vg).. your friend will get her 3 stone ring, her 1/2 carat center with sparkles though the bf will have to folk out a little more...

GIA 6107390235.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/20/2009 11:14:43 PM
Author: blastdoor
how about this?

the JA setting at $625.00 + this diamond (cert unavailable) also from JA at $550 to complete a $1,175.00 3-stone ring...

the diamond seems nice to me with a HCA of 0.7 TIC (ex/ex/ex/vg).. your friend will get her 3 stone ring, her 1/2 carat center with sparkles though the bf will have to folk out a little more...
Great find, Blastdoor!
36.gif

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes - great choice.

Two other ideas: First, call 1-800-fortunoff. They are in bankruptcy and they have to liquidate - what might they have?
Secondly, i went on Ross simonds website and built a 3 stone with a .58 center for $1400 - but then you get 25% off! Phew! It worked and on budget. (the sides are .20tcw)

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 11:13:29 PM
Author: Noahsmom
I don''t want to sound mean, but OP''s friend needs to either give up on the quality of all 3 diamonds, and go with the idea of upgrading later, rethink her budget or help save pennies until she can get the ring she wants.

I think she needs to be realistic in her expectations, especially if $1000 is pushing the limit.

The posters have presented some very nice and reasonable options, I hope they are up to what she wants and likes.

Would she be willing to do something a little different and do a center stone as diamond and 2 stones as a colored stone?

You are not being mean... She isn''t a PS-er... She really doesn''t know much about diamonds besides the fact that they are pretty and sparkly and she wants one...
41.gif

Thankfully for her, I do. I have no idea what her BF''s time frame is, so i''m just getting ideas right now. I''ll show her what you all have found so far- Sapphire side stones is a good idea!! I''ll run that by her!
9.gif

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Show you friend item #1217 on newyorkestatejewelry.com - it''s a wg 3-stone with a .92 diamond and side sappihies. She could maybe get it for under the $1600 price, but it would give her a feel.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results