shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this possible? Please chime in.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

in_need_of_help

Shiny_Rock
Hello All,

Here is the situation.

I have a 1.5ct RBC GIA SI1.I have been told that it could be graded as VS2.My vision is not good, but several people including a reputable appraiser and dealer have told me the diamond is definitely eye clean.

Under 10x magnification (using a microscope), I could not see any inclusion.

Under 20x magnification, I can clearly see an inclusion.Actually, it is a feather and cloud in close proximity under a bezel facet and appears as a white piece of irregularly shaped cotton.

Using a hearts and arrows viewer that magnifies the image (I am not sure what the power is but it is definitly less than ten) I believe that I can see the inclusion.The inclusion now appears as a black piece of irregularly shaped cotton.I cleaned the diamond a few times to remove dust and its still there.I rotate the diamond 90, 180, 270, and 360 degrees and what I believe to be the inclusion also travels the corresponding degrees.

Am I really seeing the inclusion with the hearts and arrows viewer?

I am keeping the diamond regardless, however it would be nice to know.Also, I can use this to my advantage as another measure to verify that the diamond is indeed mine after having work done on the ring/prongs etc…

THANKS!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes well the idealscope & H&A viewers do some magnification I believe? So you probably do see it....I think I have seen H&A pictures etc that show the inclusions pretty clearly...they seem magnified.

Pretty cool, a cloud and feather side by side...cotton is cool!
1.gif

in_need_of_help

Shiny_Rock
Hello Mara,

If I am seeing the inclusion, it is interesting how the H&A viewer enhanced the contrast to the point where I can see it with week magnification (power).

Is cotton in a diamond good?Hmmm.

Cotton candy in my tummy is better.

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I can clearly see the main inclusion (feather) in my diamond with both an IS and a H&A viewer. The "cotton candy" you are describing may very well be a feather.
1.gif

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
You can see it so clearly because the light is blocked by the inclusion, making it show up better (black) through an H&A viewer and an Idealscope. My VS2 inclusion is only visible to me if I use my Idealscope. With a 10X loupe, I have to hunt for it for like 5 minutes before I see it (a cloud). So, yes, it does work really well for diamond verification.
10.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results