shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this pink sapphire and white opal ring a good buy?

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Am I too late?

Does not look Art Deco to me at all and I do not think it is old. The band is inelegant without any taper or contouring. I don't recall a lot of pink melee from that era. I think those split prongs also do not look like they are of the era.

With a killer opal (more red flashes) and a better make, that pink-sapphire-halo style could be an amazing ring, imo.

joycece

Rough_Rock
Am I too late?

Does not look Art Deco to me at all and I do not think it is old. The band is inelegant without any taper or contouring. I don't recall a lot of pink melee from that era. I think those split prongs also do not look like they are of the era.

With a killer opal (more red flashes) and a better make, that pink-sapphire-halo style could be an amazing ring, imo.

Not too late! Still appreciate all comments so I know what details to look for for my next vintage jewelry purchase. So thank you

My hands are already itchy after reading the post here...thinking to get a fancy color sapphire ring

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Not too late! Still appreciate all comments so I know what details to look for for my next vintage jewelry purchase. So thank you

My hands are already itchy after reading the post here...thinking to get a fancy color sapphire ring

Oooohhh, I love fancy sapphires! My avatar is an unheated saph!

joycece

Rough_Rock
Oooohhh, I love fancy sapphires! My avatar is an unheated saph!

I like it I have a thing with green, yellow, and peachy/pink stones.

Just browsed the available stones from recommended vendors, dont think I can afford a decent size yet but ppb by the end of year if I don't get distracted by other pretty to me things lol. I like how you guys help the PSer find the stone within her budget of $3k...guess I will do the same when I'm ready

joycece

Rough_Rock
Received the ring this morning!

It makes me happy looking at it so it's a keeper despite I probably paid more than I should.

Bonus to me there's a J.G. stamp which I feel like maybe it's mean for me (I'm Joyce and my husband is Gary) ☺.

Like @Bron357 said the opal can use some polish. Can't tell if the sapphires are heated or not but they all have inclusions.

Attachments

• 20210303_105832.jpg
    20210303_105832.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 20210303_112112.jpg
    20210303_112112.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 20210303_112201.jpg
    20210303_112201.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 16

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Received the ring this morning!

It makes me happy looking at it so it's a keeper despite I probably paid more than I should.

Bonus to me there's a J.G. stamp which I feel like maybe it's mean for me (I'm Joyce and my husband is Gary) ☺.

Like @Bron357 said the opal can use some polish. Can't tell if the sapphires are heated or not but they all have inclusions.

I think its really pretty and the pink sapphires make it different than what is often seen! I'm glad you are pleased with your purchase. Enjoy.

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
Oooh pretty! I love it. Congrats on your purchase!

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Awww I think it looks beautiful. Amazing coverage on your finger and I like the metalwork on the side profile. The sapphire melee is probably real. How lovely that the initials fit your family!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results