Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this pink sapphire and white opal ring a good buy?

LilAlex

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Am I too late?

Does not look Art Deco to me at all and I do not think it is old. The band is inelegant without any taper or contouring. I don't recall a lot of pink melee from that era. I think those split prongs also do not look like they are of the era.

With a killer opal (more red flashes) and a better make, that pink-sapphire-halo style could be an amazing ring, imo.

joycece

Rough_Rock
Am I too late?

Does not look Art Deco to me at all and I do not think it is old. The band is inelegant without any taper or contouring. I don't recall a lot of pink melee from that era. I think those split prongs also do not look like they are of the era.

With a killer opal (more red flashes) and a better make, that pink-sapphire-halo style could be an amazing ring, imo.

Not too late! Still appreciate all comments so I know what details to look for for my next vintage jewelry purchase. So thank you

My hands are already itchy after reading the post here...thinking to get a fancy color sapphire ring

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Not too late! Still appreciate all comments so I know what details to look for for my next vintage jewelry purchase. So thank you

My hands are already itchy after reading the post here...thinking to get a fancy color sapphire ring

Oooohhh, I love fancy sapphires! My avatar is an unheated saph!

joycece

Rough_Rock
Oooohhh, I love fancy sapphires! My avatar is an unheated saph!

I like it I have a thing with green, yellow, and peachy/pink stones.

Just browsed the available stones from recommended vendors, dont think I can afford a decent size yet but ppb by the end of year if I don't get distracted by other pretty to me things lol. I like how you guys help the PSer find the stone within her budget of $3k...guess I will do the same when I'm ready

joycece

Rough_Rock
Received the ring this morning!

It makes me happy looking at it so it's a keeper despite I probably paid more than I should.

Bonus to me there's a J.G. stamp which I feel like maybe it's mean for me (I'm Joyce and my husband is Gary) ☺.

Like @Bron357 said the opal can use some polish. Can't tell if the sapphires are heated or not but they all have inclusions.

Attachments

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Received the ring this morning!

It makes me happy looking at it so it's a keeper despite I probably paid more than I should.

Bonus to me there's a J.G. stamp which I feel like maybe it's mean for me (I'm Joyce and my husband is Gary) ☺.

Like @Bron357 said the opal can use some polish. Can't tell if the sapphires are heated or not but they all have inclusions.

I think its really pretty and the pink sapphires make it different than what is often seen! I'm glad you are pleased with your purchase. Enjoy.

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
Oooh pretty! I love it. Congrats on your purchase!

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Awww I think it looks beautiful. Amazing coverage on your finger and I like the metalwork on the side profile. The sapphire melee is probably real. How lovely that the initials fit your family!

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Actress Grace Kelly and Prince Rainier III of Monaco's Wedding
    Actress Grace Kelly and Prince Rainier III of Monaco's Wedding
    Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip’s Love Story told through Jewelry
    Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip’s Love Story told through Jewelry
    Style File: Emma Watson
    Style File: Emma Watson

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.