shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this normal for a 10k WG ring? Brought from Ouros

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
I brought the following ring from Ouros last year.

IMG_1953.jpeg

This ring is in 10k white gold and it’s my first 10k Jewelry.

I have been using this ring on and off per week (at most daily for a week) before I switch to another ring. I will usually take it off when I do my housework.

However I got a surprise when I decided to loupe it after it was cleaned today, two “dark spots” which looks like “holes” - one big and another small at the bottom of the ring. There are other parts which have “dark patches” too.

Ironically they appeared in the areas which were supposedly protected by the rubbery plastic ring resizer.

Is this normal? Or is it a defective ring?

I was under the impression that 10k Jewelry will last longer than the 14k or 18k ones. I have worn rings for more than decade but none look as bad as this. This ring is barely 1.5 years old.

IMG_1949.jpeg IMG_1950.jpeg IMG_1951.jpeg IMG_1952.jpeg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not an expert, however, I would not expect to see dark patches and/or holes, as they imply to me that there were issues during the casting processes.

DK :))

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Is it an actual hole that you could stick a needle through for example? Are the patches tarnish? Sometimes 10k can tarnish more bc of the other alloys. If it’s an actual hole then perhaps it’s hollow? I have had one setting from him and it’s wasn’t great.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with DK and Mreader.
Make sure you are actually seeing a pit in the gold.
If it's just a dark spot, gently rub with a polishing cloth.

Perhaps a household chemical (like ammonia, vinegar or bleach) got trapped under the plastic sizer and reacted with the alloys.

Last edited:

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ironically they appeared in the areas which were supposedly protected by the rubbery plastic ring resizer.
My guess,
Which wore through the rhodium plating and the underlying material reacted to something, Its not uncommon with 10k.
Polish and redoing the plating will fix it if that is the case.
The sizer wore on the plating and trapped what ever chemical it reacted to against the metal.
Sizing bumps are a better idea.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
La2020, your ring is lovely, sorry it's giving you grief. Vijay made a small ring for me last June, bar-set baguettes, and the bars were so sharp I couldn't make a fist. I asked him to take it back for credit for something else (not identified) and he refused. I wonder if he and Ankit have become so successful they don't care anymore.

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
I sent them videos and photos of the defective ring. their replies are very slow. I will update if the issue was resolved by them or they have responded on what caused the issue.

Potential customers should be mindful of their customer service if they decide to get anything from them.

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
La2020, your ring is lovely, sorry it's giving you grief. Vijay made a small ring for me last June, bar-set baguettes, and the bars were so sharp I couldn't make a fist. I asked him to take it back for credit for something else (not identified) and he refused. I wonder if he and Ankit have become so successful they don't care anymore.

Sorry to hear that. I am disappointed to hear how they managed your case and will be mindful of such pit falls, if I am considering to get any thing from them in future :(

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with DK and Mreader.
Make sure you are actually seeing a pit in the gold.
If it's just a dark spot, gently rub with a polishing cloth.

Perhaps a household chemical (like ammonia, vinegar or bleach) got trapped under the plastic sizer and reacted with the alloys.

It feels like a pit and I rang my nails across the surface

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
I sent them videos and photos of the defective ring. their replies are very slow. I will update if the issue was resolved by them or they have responded on what caused the issue.

Potential customers should be mindful of their customer service if they decide to get anything from them.

They told me due to Diwali, they're off November 5th through the 30th. I'm going to be sending them an invoice for a prong I'm getting fixed, but won't send it until December.

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
An update to all, I reached out to krishty and they offered a 50 usd repair fee (since it is out of warranty) to get my ring fixed locally. I managed to contact my retired jeweller and he helped me to settle it for around 90usd.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
An update to all, I reached out to krishty and they offered a 50 usd repair fee (since it is out of warranty) to get my ring fixed locally. I managed to contact my retired jeweller and he helped me to settle it for around 90usd.

i am glad you got your ring fixed

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results