shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this Lazare diamond worth the price tag?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

romulus.lee

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

Do you think this Lazare diamond is worth its selling tag?

Lazare Diamond
Carat: 0.53
Color: E
Clarity: VS2
Table: 56%
Depth: 61.9%
Crown Angle: 35''
Pavilion Angle: 41''

HCA Report Score: 2.3 (Very Good in all factors)

Selling @ S$ 6,300 Singapore Dollars, or approximately USD 4,256 (based on exchange rate of 1 SDG : 1.48 USD)

Or, how much would you be willing to pay for it?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
they''re no different than any well cut diamonds. the one you posted above is getting close to a steep/deep cut.

romulus.lee

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/18/2008 1:08:46 AM
Author: Dancing Fire
they''re no different than any well cut diamonds. the one you posted above is getting close to a steep/deep cut.

Pardon the newbie here, what do you mean by steep/deep cut? In your opinion, is this a worthy purchase for the price tag? Or the price is due to the strong branding?

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Branding.

a 0.56 E VS1 WF ACA is only 2.5k.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/18/2008 5:27:53 AM
Author: romulus.lee

they're no different than any well cut diamonds. the one you posted above is getting close to a steep/deep cut.

Pardon the newbie here, what do you mean by steep/deep cut? In your opinion, is this a worthy purchase for the price tag? Or the price is due to the strong branding?
Steep deep means the crown and pavilion angles at 35/ 41 could show light leakage, but it depends as these measurements are borderline. An Idealscope would show if there is any leakage but I don't suppose you could get one if the diamond is in a store. Have you seen the diamond?

romulus.lee

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/18/2008 6:15:46 AM
Author: Lorelei

Steep deep means the crown and pavilion angles at 35/ 41 could show light leakage, but it depends as these measurements are borderline. An Idealscope would show if there is any leakage but I don''t suppose you could get one if the diamond is in a store. Have you seen the diamond?

I haven''t got the time to visit the store yet. Got these information via email from the sales assistant. I''d seen a GIA certified diamond of similar specifications at a local B&M which costs like 1/3 of this price tag. I guess the branding really does make a big difference.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/18/2008 11:40:34 PM

Date: 12/18/2008 6:15:46 AM
Author: Lorelei

Steep deep means the crown and pavilion angles at 35/ 41 could show light leakage, but it depends as these measurements are borderline. An Idealscope would show if there is any leakage but I don''t suppose you could get one if the diamond is in a store. Have you seen the diamond?

I haven''t got the time to visit the store yet. Got these information via email from the sales assistant. I''d seen a GIA certified diamond of similar specifications at a local B&M which costs like 1/3 of this price tag. I guess the branding really does make a big difference.
Not necessarily, the cheaper one could be less well cut too. Personally, i would never pay that premium.

It was back in Jan this year, and prices have changed somewhat, but for that price, I bought a D VS2 0.8ct ACA from WF. It''s a branded cut, but nowhere near that crazy markup.

Mrs W

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, i would never pay that much....

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, I wouldn''t and I live in SG. Larry''s marks up their pieces heavily, particularly the Lazare diamonds.

I''d look at several online vendors. Their prices are much better.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results