shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this IS good enough?

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi, I'm helping my friend with diamond search. Here's what I got from the jeweler. Is it good enough for you? Would the leakage be visible to the eye? Should I advise him to get this or keep searching?

And for the protrusion at 1.30 position, do you think it's a natural when the only listed inclusion is pinpoint?

Thank you.

piano

Rough_Rock
I don't see any leak (white light) inside the table so I would call it a good one.
Others might provide their input.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The IS is not perfect, but good enough. The decision depends on the other 3Cs and the price.

Good eyes noticing that protrusion

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your responses. If it's a diamond I'm considering it'd be much easier since the price is good for the stone and I might be able to overlook the slight leakage. But since it's for a friend, I find it stressful to recommend something not totally "perfect". I reflected and realised that maybe my stress stems from the fact that if he or his wife were to ever sell this diamond, it might be hard to do so due to the imperfect IS.

Maybe my question should be: If this diamond is for resale, would you buy it (reasonable price) given this IS?

I suppose if most won't consider this diamond, then I shall keep searching.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you are overthinking slightly.
I would not put such burden on myself.
How many times have we read horror stories involving a diamond purchase based on "friend's" recommendation?
No matter how hard you try, your friend may not be 100 percent happy.

Provide facts and options and let them decide based on their specification and budget.

For example, this stone is not ACA quality, but most likely at least WF ES or GOG Platinum select quality
https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=EMoj9smvggo
There are more videos.
They can watch this video and make a more informed decision for themselves. If they want a true Hearts and Arrows, then should keep shopping. I help my friends, family and relatives. I only present them options and facts. The decision is never for me to make.

Diamonds dont do well in the resale market. If anyone is concerned about their investment, he/she should go with GOG or CBI.

Or your friend may follow this thread and read what others think of the stone.

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Flyingpig, you're right. Since it's only a recommendation, it's not my decision ultimately. I will get my friend to read this thread so I'm hoping for more replies. At the same time, let me go find a few more for them. I love shopping for others :dance:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results