shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this halo too big for a 1.1 carat RB?

brandonmh

Rough_Rock
Hey guys. I've been looking at halo settings and found this one which I really liked in person. I've been reading a lot on here and it seems that not many people like larger halos, but they recommend to stay at 1 point or below for the melee diamonds. The setting below has 20 melees total for .8 carats. That would make each of the 12 halo melees around 4 pointers.

The 1 thing I do not like about this setting is the "flower" look, so I was hoping to get a custom halo around the same size just as more of a circle. I am starting to get worried that this halo would be too big for a 1.1 RB center, and that the stones are too big to create a round halo without looking bad/tacky or overpowering the center. Can any of you guys offer some advice? Any and all is appreciated!

cd.png

20160329_175431.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do I think it's too big? I don't like pave bands with large halos. That is my personal esthetic. This doesn't mean it's yours. And one isn't more right than the other. Clearly others like this look as you've found a premade setting like it.

My only comment is it will look like a flower, thanks the nature of larger melee. Small melee is small enough to where the metal between it offers the illusion of one continuous band of diamonds around the stone. The large the melee, the less likely you are to achieve that look, and is ready, the fact that the diamonds do not sit flush becomes more apparent. thus the floral look you say you're trying to avoid.

brandonmh

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for the insight. The "flower" look is what I'm worried about. I don't mind moving down in size if it means the halo looks cleaner and less metal shows. I'm really just trying to find the sweet spot between the two I guess. I was hoping somebody on here had had the same experience as me. Thanks again!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
brandonmh|1460765268|4019841 said:
Thanks so much for the insight. The "flower" look is what I'm worried about. I don't mind moving down in size if it means the halo looks cleaner and less metal shows. I'm really just trying to find the sweet spot between the two I guess. I was hoping somebody on here had had the same experience as me. Thanks again!

Is there a reason you want a larger melee? Is it for more finger converage or you just prefer the look. I ask because I wonder, if it's coverage you're after maybe a double halo? Smaller melee but two rows to make up for it??

brandonmh

Rough_Rock
I like the look of a larger halo, as does my future fiance. She isn't a big fan of the smaller stone "glittery" look as she says. I wan't something that attracts attention. I've seen many double halos, but haven't really seen one that I've liked. The larger halos always catch my eye as a more attractive look in my opinion.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results