shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this hair cut too trendy?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
It isn''t a new cut. But it may be trendy. It certainly isn''t "the rachel". I''d do it.
9.gif

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
i LOVE it!! that''s how i get my hair cut... except a bit shorter in the front... not SO much angled towards the front (but still a little)
and I don''t consider myself a trendy person AT ALL!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
My friend just got a bob cut... it''s super cute! Less severe than the picture you posted, and instead of a uniform length in the front, she has short bangs (about eyebrow length that gradually blend into the length at the sides of her face. It''s a very soft and femine look, but a nice rendition of this current style that doesn''t look Trendy! I was blown away by how great it looked! I only have a picture of her with it on my phone, so I can''t post it
40.gif
Maybe someone has seen something similar?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! I''ve done it but just about an inch longer, and I wish I would have gone shorter. It looks fantastic, I love the "not so subtle" look the best which is what you have.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I had it around 2000ish. Loved it except my hair grows so fast, I was too lazy to keep up with it for more than a year.

If you have any sort of curl at all, you may be shocked as to what your hair does if you''ve never had it this short. Mine was, I thought, wavy at mid back length, but when it was cut like this- spiral curls! It was a surprise.

Anyway, I don''t see it as either trendy or dated. It''s still one you see on people today, and not just those who''ve had the same haircut for 15 yrs. And it''s been around forever, so definitely not trendy.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
I think it is a classic cut.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I have this haircut... It''s called a "swing". Who cares if it''s trendy? It''s super cute!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had the stacked bob in the late 80s, and I loved it. It was easy to do, and with thin fine hair, it laid pretty well.

I wouldn''t stack it again, though, and definitely not that short in back. A little more classic with a less severe angle will look timeless.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Love it!!! I can''t wait until after the wedding so I can cut my hair back to that style. It was so easy to maintain!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I HAVE that cut and I love it! It just has to be trimmed once a month (at least in the summer) to maintain the shape.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like it too - what did you decide to go with?

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/5/2009 11:24:40 AM
Author: purrfectpear
Been there, done that (with Sassoon) in the 70''s. As a fellow ''fine hair'' person, I don''t recommend it. It won''t have the body and thickness necessary to carry it off. Without the weight of more hair, it will tend to flip or get wispy on the sides. I ended up cutting it shorter, ala Hepburn.
agree re the fine hair.....as i too have that trait. however, i''ve had a much much longer version in the past that seemed to work.....and very much less noticeable that the back was shorter.

mz

ps it was the wedge that was horrible on me....remember that one?! cut up the nape of the neck several inches and then a longer length above that?! yikes!

gummyfrogs

Rough_Rock
i love the haircut, personally. i say, go for it! i think it''s somewhat high maintenance as you will need to go back more frequently for cuts to maintain the optimal length.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I agree that just a tad longer in the back would be preferable. I have a question about having such short hair though. It may seem obvious to those with this kind of cut, but it''s not to me! What do you do with it if you want to work out? For shorter cuts like a pixie or something, I''d just leave it or maybe do a headband, but what do you do with the longer parts in the front of this particular cut? Can it be put into a half-ponytail? Sorry for my ignorance; I''ve never had hair shorter than my shoulders, but I''m contemplating making a big change.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Ok ladies...I got it done! It feels so much better! The front is longer than I expected it to be but it is nice because I can still get it into a pony tail (hope that answers your question jstar). I am attaching a very bad camera phone pic. It was the best I could get after trying to take my own pic from the side about 15 times. My regular camera is currently out of commission until the new battery arrives in the mail. Thanks for all your advice!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
oooo I like the side shots...
sexy lady!!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Good to hear about the ponytail! It must be a teeny-tiny tail. I''m wondering if I should try this after our Chinese wedding banquet (hubby still wants me to keep it long until that''s over). What kind of facial shapes does it work vs. not work on?

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe a little better pic. The pony tail is not super short like barely making it to the elastic short...but it is short.

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh I love your haircut stepcutgirl!
36.gif
Kinda makes me wanna chop all my hair off too! (I always feel like that when I see a super-cute short haircut
2.gif
)

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
oh i love it!
36.gif
it looks fantastic and i like how it's layered and textured.

i wish i could pull off shorter hairstyles like yours...especially during the summer! i think my neck is too short and my face is too round for shorter hair.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! Oh...and my hair is not color blocked like it seems to look in the pics. The front is highlighted just a little and the rest is a light red/brown.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Fab new haircut. I like it a lot. Glad you did it!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like a softer version of the pic you originally posted - I love it!!

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks!
26.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/5/2009 11:21:05 PM
Author: stepcutgirl
Maybe a little better pic. The pony tail is not super short like barely making it to the elastic short...but it is short.
Gorgeous! I love it! one of my all time favorite haircut

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
It looks fabulous!! Love it!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
It looks really nice step!
I was going to say I''m also a huge fan of this cut, and
have always wanted to have it, but I have a lower hair-line in the back and it just won''t work for me.

I was just admiring it on a girl the other day, I think it''s sexy in the back
and cute/pretty in the front.
If I had the hairline I would do it in a flash - who cares if its trendy
2.gif

When I was almost 18, I did the Toni & Guy two tone under-cut - that was certainly trendy,
but man I rocked that cut for one summer, ha
9.gif

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all the compliments. Aj-not that you would want to go down this road...but they can shave your hairline in the back to bring it up. Not sure I''d love that though...stubble.

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
I love your haircut!! Great choice
9.gif

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Very cute. I had a similar style when I was in grad school in Florida and it really helped to keep me cool during the Summer.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results