shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this good or not???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondstruck

Rough_Rock
I wewnt to the jewellers last night on my way from work and he picked up a couple of stones for me. Curious to know what ppl think about the one that I''m thinking of.

HI, very good cut, 1.09, RB, med Flour, SI1. $ 3700CDN
setting will be approx. 600.00CDN
what other info do you need to make a good assessment.
basic info. I dont have it handy but can get for monday. just curious on opinions.

thanks in advance

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
$3700 Canadian would be $2765 American, which would be a VERY GOOD price for either an H/SI1 or I/SI1.

Too good, it would seem. It's more in line with a J/SI2 having a "very good" cut, or an I/SI1 with a "fair" cut.

Be sure and make any sale contingent upon the stone appraising out to your satisfaction with an independent appraiser, and you can't lose.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
An H-I uncerted with medium blue fluorescence makes me think over graded. At that price, as Rich pointed out, probably something isn't right. Looks more like an H-I I 1 to me or an I/SI 1 with 65-70 depth. Also, who says that it's a very good cut? And what does very good cut mean? AGS 2? AGA class 2? EGL premium? HRD and IGI very good? GIA class 2? As you see, there are too many questions and concerns. Ask for a GIA or AGS or HRD report and you'll be able to compare and see if this diamond is really such a great value. It may be a great bargain though! Who knows?
1.gif

manhattan01

Rough_Rock
Holy Diamondstruck...that's a crazy price. My budget for my stone was $7000 cdn. I checked out Birks and Spence and the best they could do AT THAT PRICE was .56 (with the setting) and .70 (for the loose diamond). Briks offers no certs other than their own. Spence offers their own certs using GIA standards...whether I believe them or not, I wasn't sure. I opted to go online to Good Old Gold...got a .78 H&A F, SI1 GIA stone for $3500 US.

Just with the stones that I've seen here in Canada, I've NEVER seen a 1 carat for $3700. I've never seen a .6 carat for anything less than that either. Mind you, at Birks and Spence, they don't sell stones that don't meet their standards.

If you want, post the crown and pavilion angles, depth and table percentages. Last thing...have you seen the stone? Does it look good to you? Have you looked at it through loupe or under a microscope?

-spencer

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
A 1.09ct H SI1 for $2800... I've been in this business long enough to know something isn't right. I smell a rat and you DEFINETELY should have it checked out with a 3rd party appraiser and I am of course assuming this is not graded by any credentialed lab. It will be hard to trust any cut data they give if they are not being up front with you concerning clarity and color.

Rhino

diamondstruck

Rough_Rock
i will be getting the data on the stone hopefully today. i have seen the stone and it does look good and it's not 2800 its 3700. also, the cert came from gem scan. i trust the jeweller, he's been dealing with friends and family of mine for over 4 yrs and nobody has had any complaints. the limited info that i previously provided, cam from Gem Scan.
I did look at it through the loupe and was able to see the inclusion, which will be able to be hidden by the claw.
when i get the stats on the stone i willpost them

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results