shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this feather a concern ?

Jmunk01

Rough_Rock
I have decided on a stone at JA and placed my order. The stone is a .76ct H SI2. I am hoping that this feather is not too close to the girdle and a potential integrity risk. Is a feather of this location normal and anything to worry about. I got a great price on the stone for what it is I think. image003_3.jpg

Angelia at JA stated she did not feel it was an integrity risk, and said that I would be notified if when it was being that it looked like a structural risk. She did put a note in with the order to have it pronged over.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Insure your diamond ring and when/if there is a problem to the diamond, you can rest assure in getting it replaced. Wear it enjoy it, and not worry too much about it so long as its insured. During the setting process it may manifest integrity issues then, which JA should cover since everything is done inhouse.

hr1978

Rough_Rock
I've always read that any inclusion that would pose an integrity risk would immediately downgrade the stone to I1-I2-I3 etc...

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it a concern?
To some yes, to some no.
People vary.

To me, yes.
I wouldn't buy it.
That doesn't mean you shouldn't.

Jmunk01

Rough_Rock
Kenny: Would you not buy it due to the feathers location, or you avoid stones with feathers altogether.

Also any good insurance will cover the stone if it does chip as a result of the feather?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jmunk01|1313557612|2992422 said:
Kenny: Would you not buy it due to the feathers location, or you avoid stones with feathers altogether.

Also any good insurance will cover the stone if it does chip as a result of the feather?

I would get it appraised independently while loose, if it were me. Then I'd decide. I wouldn't just go with it without doing some homework.

Yes if the diamond chips for any accidental or incidental reason (don't take a hammer to it, ya know) it will be covered.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results