shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this E-VS1 worth returning my current diamond?

jmi626

Rough_Rock
:wavey: :wavey:

Hi all,

Since my last post, I've been looking around more.. and I found one. I'm wondering if you think this is a better diamond than what I have from BN.
The stone I have from BN is still under the 30 day return period. :clap: :clap:

The new stone I've found is an 1.26ct E-VS1
The link to the new diamond is https://enchanteddiamonds.com/diamonds/view/R126-EWDBT7

The diamond I have is 1.31ct, G-VVS2

http://www.gia.edu/cs/Satellite?pag...&c=Page&cid=1355954554547&reportno=2204529641

ASET of the stone I have now.

I think my(G-VVS2) ASET image looks better than the E-VS1, do you all agree? But on the flip side, I do wonder will this slight difference perceived via ASET image reflect on the performance of the diamond?? Can anybody comment on this?

What do you think would be a better selection?

The stone will be set with tapered baguettes(F-VS2) on the side in WG.

Let me know what you all think :roll: :roll:

_747.png

bn_0.png

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I prefer the cut of your current stone but only you know whether you will mind the slight tint. I'm going through the same dilemma as you currently.

jmi626

Rough_Rock
thecat|1447819310|3951113 said:
I prefer the cut of your current stone but only you know whether you will mind the slight tint. I'm going through the same dilemma as you currently.

:snore: :snore: It's so hard to balance things out.. :confused: :confused: :confused:
I do wonder if this much difference in cut will outshine the color difference or vice versa?

Since I am not an experienced diamond buyer it is difficult to know, and that's why I keep coming back here...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The E color stone is not as well cut as the one you have. If you look at Enchanted Diamonds, you probably need to stick to stones that score 100 to have a chance of finding one equal or better than the one you now have. I am not sure why you are still looking.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would stick to the one you have.

jmi626

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1447820795|3951120 said:
The E color stone is not as well cut as the one you have. If you look at Enchanted Diamonds, you probably need to stick to stones that score 100 to have a chance of finding one equal or better than the one you now have. I am not sure why you are still looking.

Probably I'm just having cold feet... :errrr: :errrr: and also worried that the F baguettes will outshine my G center stone... :snore:

Thank you for your comments!! :appl:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would probably stick with what the cut experts say. However as I love white stones I too would be tempted by an E. They are soooo white. I don't think you need to worry about the F looking too white next to the G. The F are going to be tapered baguettes so the light reflections are going to be completely different. They will compliment a round rather than compete. It will look beautiful.

jmi626

Rough_Rock
LLJsmom|1447822744|3951131 said:
I would probably stick with what the cut experts say. However as I love white stones I too would be tempted by an E. They are soooo white. I don't think you need to worry about the F looking too white next to the G. The F are going to be tapered baguettes so the light reflections are going to be completely different. They will compliment a round rather than compete. It will look beautiful.

Thank you for comforting me... I've been googling and staring at G center F baguette rings all evening!! Then I felt like it was a hit or miss.. some looked good, some were okay, and some did not look so good... I know it would be easier to swap out my diamond now, instead of dealing with the aftermath after the stone is set and done.... :nono: :nono: :nono: of course I don't want that to happen,
but probably I'm just paranoid!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results