shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this diamond worth the price?

konamery

Rough_Rock
I know this isn't the best stone out there. But we've been to a few jewelers and all the stones we've more or less have these stats. I know we could probably find a better stone online, but we don't want to purchase online. So anyway, this stone is $7,700. Is it a complete rip off, or a decent stone for the price, as in you get what you pay for and this is what we can pay. Please help.

img_0853.jpg
img_0854.jpg
img_0855.png

Sagefemme

Shiny_Rock
Totally depends on what those twinning wisps look like to the naked eye, and whether they affect light performance. Have you seen it with your own eyes, and with a loupe? When I look on James Allen for 1.4, G, SI2 stones, there are 11, ranging from $7260 to $8980. Here are the links to two of them. What do you think about those twinning wisps? So I guess the answer is, the price is in line with the big online vendors for this size and color of SI2. You just have to decide how much the clarity is an issue. Sometimes twinning wisps are essentially invisible (I have a stone where you can barely see them with a loupe). Hopefully yours is one of those.

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...-g-color-si2-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-937067

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...g-color-si2-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-1959504

Your stone is a 3.8 on the HCA.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
DID you see this one next to a VS1?

Cause it's likely to have transparency issues compared to other stones.

And no, I personally wouldn't buy a stone with those proportions. It's a 1.4 carat but you can easily find a 1.25 with the same spread. So you aren't getting a lot of size for the price either.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

konamery

Rough_Rock
I am located in Northen New Jersey. So anywhere here, and in NYC area I can go to.

konamery

Rough_Rock
Gypsy|1479446111|4100036 said:

I am located in Northen New Jersey. So anywhere here, and in NYC area I can go to. Yes it would be great if you could send me somewhere. Thank you

konamery

Rough_Rock
Well after browsing on whiteflash we are seeing similar stones to ones we were looking at for WAYYYYY less. I guess the smarter thing to do would be to buy online. You said that the 1.4 c was more like a 1.2 because of its dimensions. What stats is a 1.4 suppose to have? I would of never known had I not read your comment.

I think I'm going to look for 1.2-1.5 ct G or H colored Si1 or Si2 stones online. I really want a larger stone and I'm willing to sacrifice a grade in clarity as long as its eye clean. Am I being unrealistic? Is it possible to find a stone that actually looks 1.4 ct for around $8k or less? Obviously don't mind if its lower in ct as long as the dimensions are right. I'm very stressed over finding a stone and every time I think I've figured it out I visit this site and realize the diamond I found is actually CRAP.

If anyone could link me some good stones from trusted sites I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you everyone for your responses.

konamery

Rough_Rock
Found this stone on a canadian diamond exchange site. We live in New Jersey. It is 11153.75 CAD which is $8,260. It scored 1.0 on HCA tool. I have my fingers crossed that this diamond is actually decent. Again, I value larger size over clarity, but of course only if it's eye clean. Please let me know if we should make the purchase. I think I am going to lose my mind trying to find a decent stone.

img_0884.png
img_0885.png
img_0886.png

konamery

Rough_Rock
Found this stone on the same canadian site. It's 11904.48 CAD which is $8,815. It also scored a 1.0 on HCA. I'm pretty sure this is the better stone? Please let me know.

img_0888.png
img_0889.png
img_0890.png

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
konamery|1479472249|4100111 said:
I am located in Northen New Jersey. So anywhere here, and in NYC area I can go to. Yes it would be great if you could send me somewhere. Thank you

OMG.

Are you kidding.

THAT IS SUPER EASY.

Call Yekutiel at ID Jewelry. Tell him Gypsy said you want a PS quality eyeclean stone, give him budget and specs and he will find you a beauty. He has a great bench too. So it's one stop shopping.
Seriously.

Easy peasy.

As for the stones you are looking at? Send Yekutiel the link after you talk to him. He'll let you know what he thinks. Denise is great too, so you can work with her too.

DO NOT buy a stone under VS1 with twinning wisps as the primary inclusion from a drop shipper. Okay? You need those checked out for transparency issues. And IDJ will do that.

konamery

Rough_Rock
Gypsy|1479529255|4100465 said:
konamery|1479472249|4100111 said:

OMG.

Are you kidding.

THAT IS SUPER EASY.

Call Yekutiel at ID Jewelry. Tell him Gypsy said you want a PS quality eyeclean stone, give him budget and specs and he will find you a beauty. He has a great bench too. So it's one stop shopping.
Seriously.

Easy peasy.

As for the stones you are looking at? Send Yekutiel the link after you talk to him. He'll let you know what he thinks. Denise is great too, so you can work with her too.

DO NOT buy a stone under VS1 with twinning wisps as the primary inclusion from a drop shipper. Okay? You need those checked out for transparency issues. And IDJ will do that.

Wow. Thank you so much for your help. I truly appreciate it! I thought I was going to lose my marbles trying to find a decent stone. I will give him a call ASAP. By the way I've been searching through diamonds on their site and I noticed that the prices are much lower than what I've been seeing. Is that normal for idj to have lower prices?

Thanks again!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes.

And isn't that nice?

konamery

Rough_Rock
Gypsy|1479534097|4100477 said:
Yes.

And isn't that nice?

lol YES very nice! Quick question. I noticed that any stone I click when I hit more info in the description it'll say NONE certificate. What does that mean? Is there no GIA cert to download so I can look at specs and put it in HCA tool?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is the GIA number listed? If so you can go to GIA and look it up. If not, then ask them about it. Probably haven't programed the links yet.

I promise you they are on the up and up. And you don't have to take my word for it. We have a search function look up IDJ and ID Jewelry and see what comes up! You can also search for Yekutiel.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results