shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this diamond good?

jni

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

It looks like the wife looking for an upgrade on the diamond. I found one that I think it looks good but I just thought I post it here for your opinions

My budget is around $13,000 USD (diamond only).

Specs I'm looking for :
- Best cut
- G or lower (not sure if H is okay?)
- VS2 or lower
- 1.4c or bigger

I have purchased from whiteflash before and she absolutely love the diamond. My old post and this is the diamond that she currently have. Much thanks to @rockysalamander for helping me choose the diamond at the time :)

Thanks everyone!

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
It’s a very safe purchase in my opinion- ACAs are cut exceptionally well, G should face up nice and white and VS2 should be eye clean.
considering it meets all the criteria for a nice diamond and the wire price is within your budget, I’d go for it!

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone,

It looks like the wife looking for an upgrade on the diamond. I found one that I think it looks good but I just thought I post it here for your opinions

Specs I'm looking for :
- Best cut
- VS2 or lower
- 1.4c or bigger

I have purchased from whiteflash before and she absolutely love the diamond. My old post and this is the diamond that she currently have. Much thanks to @rockysalamander for helping me choose the diamond at the time :)

Thanks everyone!

May I ask why the switch? I like the small table on her current one. Is it because of the size? If so, the size difference is rather minimal to be too significant, just fyi.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous choice! I probably wouldn't go below G color since she has already had a G, unless she'd prefer a larger stone in an H. Some women value size over color, and some the opposite!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you will definitely see a difference. I love the choice. I took the liberty to input your diamond dimensions into this site to see a comparison of what the size increase will look like. I hope you don't mind.

Screen Shot 2020-07-07 at 12.40.21 PM.png

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Size comparison is USUALLY detected by the naked eye at 0.20mm in spread dimension.
ACA’s are WF highest quality cut. Super ideals will outperform their competition at any size.
I’d pay close attention to the dimensions of the two stones for comparison, make sure the difference falls at minimum 0.2mm+, then focus on color and clarity.
She has a G. Be safe and stay at G+.
VS2-VS1 clarity will be fine.
If your wife has a preference for small tables, you should seek out ACA’s with smaller tables. It’s what her eye is used to. If she has no preference, eliminate that as a factor.

Gemly

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,

Specs I'm looking for :
- Best cut
- VS2 or lower
- 1.4c or bigger

Thanks everyone!

I think it looks great! I love it!!

jni

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

So before I go ahead with the purchase, I just thought I ran it again one more time by you guys.

So it came down to these two diamonds now;

The first one is the one I posted above and the other one is very similar to it however it's an H color. Looking it at side by side it seems like the difference is very small.

Whiteflash has been kind enough to provide us side by side picture comparison between the two diamonds (see attached).

1.435ct G VS2 VS 1.418ct H VS2.jpg

Do you guys think the extra $ is worth it for the G? :think:

Thanks!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you ask WF for a side by side video? Would be nice to see (or perhaps not to see) the visual difference between the G and H color.
That would be helpful at this point.

Last edited:

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone,

So before I go ahead with the purchase, I just thought I ran it again one more time by you guys.

The first one is the one I posted above and the other one is very similar to it however it's an H color. Looking it at side by side it seems like the difference is very small.

Whiteflash has been kind enough to provide us side by side picture comparison between the two diamonds (see attached).

Thanks!!

I really like the H one overall, especially the small table. Even faces up a bit bigger (due to not being so deep) than the G one. In the comparison pics provided, it appears to face up a bit brighter than the G. I know, it is an H but still.. to me, it does look better.

Gemly

Shiny_Rock
I really like the H one overall, especially the small table. Even faces up a bit bigger (due to not being so deep) than the G one. In the comparison pics provided, it appears to face up a bit brighter than the G. I know, it is an H but still.. to me, it does look better.

I agree, I like the H best

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally prefer the look of the H

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
Another vote for the H! A video would be great to see too just in case the difference we’re seeing is due to light placement or some other factor.

MrsSparkle

Rough_Rock
H caught my eye first

jni

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for the suggestions everyone!

I think my only worry for the H diamond is because WF advised although H has primarily white inclusions, but there is one black inclusion, visible from the bottom view where the facets are easier to see through and with 10x magnification - is this something I should be worried about... what does everyone think??

The video of the H diamond can be found:

I'm guessing this is the inclusion...?
1595465337732.png

the video of G diamond:

The G diamond, I was told has light colored inclusions - very clean VS2)

Unfortunately I don't have a video of the diamonds side by side..

jni

Rough_Rock
Oh I forgot to post this too, WF provided an upside down side by side picture to differentiate the color:
1595465734768.png

Eeveepenny

Shiny_Rock
I really like the look of the H and it actually looks whiter to me in the upside down photo

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I forgot to post this too, WF provided an upside down side by side picture to differentiate the color:
1595465734768.png

The H looks whiter, which is confusing. Is the picture mislabeled?

jni

Rough_Rock
I asked them the same thing but they confirmed it is labelled correctly..

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agree with the others....the H looks whiter to me too???

What was Whiteflash's explanation to the H looking whiter? Or perhaps it doesnt look whiter to them?

Or perhaps they can take another picture?

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I asked them the same thing but they confirmed it is labelled correctly..

I am not convinced and would not make any decision based on the comparison photo.

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much for the suggestions everyone!

I think my only worry for the H diamond is because WF advised although H has primarily white inclusions, but there is one black inclusion, visible from the bottom view where the facets are easier to see through and with 10x magnification - is this something I should be worried about... what does everyone think??

The video of the H diamond can be found:

I'm guessing this is the inclusion...?
1595465337732.png

It wouldn’t bother me just knowing the black inclusion was there unless I could see it without magnifiacation.

stonehunter20

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,

Thanks!!

no, probably not. i can't tell any difference

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you guys think the extra $ is worth it for the G?

No. One hand-wash will be 10X the impact of that difference. =)2

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you everyone for your input!! I went for the H ;-)
Nice stone. Love the H VS2 combo. I'm can live with either a G or H color.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results