shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this diamond good?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

confusedonpave

Rough_Rock
Hey guys.

I am looking into this diamond:

Shape: Round
Carat weight: 1.01
Cut: Ideal (Excellent)
Color: F
Clarity: SI1
Certificate: GIA

Depth: 61.8%
Table: 57.0%
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Girdle:
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 6.42*6.47*3.98

I have attached the inclusion photo also. Thanks!

image10103030.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s got great potential. Can you get an IS for it? Pavilion is at critical point. And vendor needs to check if eyeclean.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/5/2009 1:13:11 PM
Author: Ellen
It's got great potential. Can you get an IS for it? Pavilion is at critical point. And vendor needs to check if eyeclean.
Dittoes, but can you just check the angles as the report looks cut off?

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
Is the 34 and 41 in the diagram the full crown and pavillion angles or are there decimals that got cut off?

EDT: Great minds, SC. Thinking alike again.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is all the numbers for the crown and pavilion angles? Are the decimals truncated off?

If the numbers are 34/41, then it looks promising. Ditto the request for an Idealscope image.

EDT:
Ya, jet.. :razz:

confusedonpave

Rough_Rock
Measurements are:
6.42 * 6.47 * 3.98

I wasn''t able to see any inclusions with the loupe. I don''t think there is an IS for it available.

Thanks for your input guys and girls!

gia10101033.GIF

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well I just "assumed" the OP hadn't cut anything off, but you all make a good point about the angles.
5.gif

EDIT Typing at same time.

Could be ok, but definitely need IS! Angles are "iffy".

FB.

Brilliant_Rock
The diamond looks unusually clean for an SI1 and the whole grading certificate is not visible, so no comments are visible. But if the comments said "clarity grade based on clouds that are not shown", I would run a mile from that stone because it will be slightly cloudy. If it says "additional clouds not shown", then it's probably OK. If no mention of clouds in the comments, it could be very good SI1 that has only fallen into that grade because of the medium-size feather on the underneath edge.
The inclusion under the table looks as if it's too small to see with the naked eye - even if it's a nasty black inclusion. It looks more like a VS2 inclusion.
The feather on the underside would probably be visible "by eye" and is probably what's making the SI1 grade, but the diamond won't be seen from underneath and the plot implies that the feather is not going to be on the top of the diamond.
I have a minor concern about the feather on the edge that also appears to be associated with a few smaller inclusions and could be a weak point. But the weak point is unlikely to be an issue in normal wear.

The cut grade appears to be more "very good" than "ideal". The clarity grade looks like a good SI1, with most of the inclusions being VS.

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
Angles are at the point I would want either an IS image or a very good return policy and plenty of time to look at the diamond in a variety of lighting.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yap, definitely need an IS image for that combination.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/5/2009 1:30:39 PM
Author: jet2ks
Angles are at the point I would want either an IS image or a very good return policy and plenty of time to look at the diamond in a variety of lighting.
Ditto

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results