shape
carat
color
clarity

is this diamond eye clean?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that is the point points that aren't shown (as noted on the report). It looks mostly eye clean though and nice! I think that at normal viewing distance you wouldn't see that stuff.

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
I bought this diamond and the specs, ASET and Idealscope are great. They just sent me a video of it. Does this look eye-clean? It’s a VS2 so I’m assuming so but it seems to me like there are scratches on the diamond. What are your opinions or am I thinking too much?

https://imgur.com/a/u7CnTAy

Link to diamond. I couldn’t find my old post.
https://enchanteddiamonds.com/diamonds/view/R115-25162794Z

It looks pretty good to me ... I don’t see what you are mentioning (scratches). There is no mention of surface graining or surface inclusions and the polish grade is excellent. I would always be concerned about a diamond with “additional clouds not shown” at VS2 but more so if SI. Maybe just have a good look at it when you receive it to make sure the clouds are not causing a ... cloudy ... look and keep an eye on the return period. The proportions are absolutely dreamy and you might have one spectacular diamond there!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks pretty good to me ... I don’t see what you are mentioning (scratches). There is no mention of surface graining or surface inclusions and the polish grade is excellent. I would always be concerned about a diamond with “additional clouds not shown” at VS2 but more so if SI. Maybe just have a good look at it when you receive it to make sure the clouds are not causing a ... cloudy ... look and keep an eye on the return period. The proportions are absolutely dreamy and you might have one spectacular diamond there!
He's talking about what seem to be either pin points, or tiny flecks of dust. Nothing to worry about though.

Sambasil01

Rough_Rock
@lovedogs @kmoro - thank you both. Definitely walking me off the ledge. This seems to be a 10x magnification right? I should get it in a few days. Hopefully everything goes well :)

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
yep!

princessandthepear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think I see what you are calling a scratch. It is light bouncing off the facet junction between the table and crown facets. It disappears and reappears as the diamond is rotated up and down. Your cert shows no feathers so this is just a light reflection. It looks like a really nice diamond.

Sambasil01

Rough_Rock
I think I see what you are calling a scratch. It is light bouncing off the facet junction between the table and crown facets. It disappears and reappears as the diamond is rotated up and down. Your cert shows no feathers so this is just a light reflection. It looks like a really nice diamond.

Thank you

FearlessSmile

Rough_Rock
I think it looks fine! At 1.15 carat you should be fine at VS2 and the images are always magnified. My 0.71 carat is SI1 and completely eye clean.

The additional clouds comment could be a problem but the stone doesn’t seem cloudy at all from the image :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results