shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this diamond any good? 38.5 degree crown angle!

nappycat

Rough_Rock
It seems very clear compared to the other J rated diamonds. With the HCA tool it scored a 1.7. I asked for an idealscope after purchase but they said they can't this time of year, and it's not near their NY store so they can't do it. I purchased it this morning, I'm relatively new to this so I did more research on the angles AFTER the fact. I did extensive research ahead of time but could've used some more. The diameter is a little smaller than other 2 carat diamonds but I'm ok with that, I think some extra height might have a cool look. Let me know your thoughts, thanks! :angel:

Dimensions:
SHAPE: Round
CARAT WEIGHT: 2.01
COLOR: J
CLARITY: VVS2
CUT: Very Good
POLISH: Excellent
SYMMETRY: Very Good
FLUORESCENCE: None
L/W/D (MM): 7.87*7.80*5.04

L/W RATIO: 1.01
DEPTH %: 64.30
GIRDLE: Slightly Thick - Thick
TABLE %: 57.00
CULET: None
CERTIFICATE: GIA
CROWN ∠: 38.50
PAVILION ∠: 39.8
Link:
http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-dia...j-color-vvs2-clarity-very-good-cut-sku-718393

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is a very high CA and a very shallow PA. Generally we will advise you to stick with a GIA excellent cut or an AGS ideal cut. The size of your stone is roughly the same size as a well cut 1.8 carat. A 2 carat MRB should be around 8.0 - 8.1mm. If you were to compare it next to a really well cut diamond I think you will notice a difference in sparkle, etc. and of course size. If it's JA, then wait until you see and if you don't like it return it. You may LOVE it :)) .

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:-o This stone is too deep!

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock
Post by Dancing Fire » 16 Dec 2015 18:06
:-o This stone is too deep!

Dissenter here. :D Its proportions remind me of an OEC, though the lower halves are too long for the "flowery" effect, and goodness knows there are zillions of ladies on here who are deeply devoted to the light performance of their OECs!! I'd love to see an ASET just for giggles, but -- as long as you paid a roughly 1.8ct price, since that's how the stone will look -- you may have found a really cool and unusual stone (saw the HCA score, so crown and pav angles, while unusual, apparently are complementary!)! Gorgeous ring-pop crown! I also love the brown tint. How are you setting it? Rose gold would be dreamy... Can't wait to hear your thoughts when you see it in person!

nappycat

Rough_Rock
Is it worth even waiting to see it? I may just say I don't want it before they go to the trouble of setting it and such and get store credit for a different one

egemnoel

Shiny_Rock
It looks like it was forced from rough to hold 2 carats. Like this examples in this article, I took this from Wink HPD website.

http://highperformancediamonds.com/270-299-carats/

You could buy a well-cut 1.85ct diamond with a girdle diameter of 8mm. That 1.85ct would spread physically larger, side to side, and have the benefit of bright light return from edge to edge. So not only would the 1.85 be bigger in diameter than this “2 carat” option, but superior cutting would make it look far superior in soft light conditions.

nappycat

Rough_Rock
Yea I cancelled my order and am going to do more research, the brown tint (which I took for being less yellow) and the diameter made me leery. Thanks for all the help!

egemnoel

Shiny_Rock
What is your budget and we can try and help you?

VoxExMachina

Rough_Rock
Like others said it was cut to hit the 2ct mark and that's typically a bad sign. The sacrifice performance for weight. You can see it looks like it's leaking light particularly under the table too. Not sure if it really has a brown tint but that's actually better than a yellow tint. If you got with rose gold setting it has a pink tint. Even if you go with platinum or white gold it can still appear more pink than brown or yellow.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These measurements will help you stay within ideal cut territory. Stick with GIA Excellent cut diamonds.

table: 54-58

depth: 60-62.3

crown angle: 34-35.0

pavilion angle: 40.6-41.0

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results