shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this diamond a steal??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

srhooton

Rough_Rock
GIA Rating - 16437741
1.24 Ct
Round Brilliant
6.82-6.94 x 4.31mm
Color: G
Clarity: SI2
Cut Grade: Excellent
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Fluorescence: None
Medium - Slightly thick

I kind of want a bigger stone though. I''m buying this now (I''m 20) for my future wife (in 5-6 years I''d say). Would this be a good diamond, or should I look at others online or something?

Thanks

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
not enough information. But you say you are buying now...for the future
33.gif
What if your future wife wants a different shape?

Todd Gray

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/13/2009 2:38:54 PM
Author:srhooton
GIA Rating - 16437741

1.24 Ct
Round Brilliant
6.82-6.94 x 4.31mm
Color: G
Clarity: SI2
Cut Grade: Excellent
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Fluorescence: None
Medium - Slightly thick

I kind of want a bigger stone though. I''m buying this now (I''m 20) for my future wife (in 5-6 years I''d say). Would this be a good diamond, or should I look at others online or something?

Thanks

Nobody can tell you much about the diamond without knowing the crown / pavilion angle measurements. Ask the seller for a computerized proportions analysis to determine what the spread is between the high and low measurements that comprise the average measurement stated on the GIA lab report.

We''ll also need to see images of the diamond as seen through an ASET / Ideal / Gems Fantasy Scope to judge the optical symmetry of the diamond.

Without this type of detailed information, it is not possible to provide you with any sort of assessment of the diamond. It''s like saying "I found a car, it''s a Dodge Charger, is it a steal?"

srhooton

Rough_Rock
Leakage as in light leakage? We looked at it in the sun and it was pretty damn sparkly lol. I forgot to add the price but it''s going for $5850. I know there are websites on this site recommended for loose diamonds, but are there ones in particular that are good. I''ve been going to 1sourcediamonds and bluenile, but I''m not sure if they''re legit.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/13/2009 2:56:06 PM
Author: srhooton
Leakage as in light leakage? We looked at it in the sun and it was pretty damn sparkly lol. I forgot to add the price but it's going for $5850. I know there are websites on this site recommended for loose diamonds, but are there ones in particular that are good. I've been going to 1sourcediamonds and bluenile, but I'm not sure if they're legit.
Light leakage yes, check it out in different lightings to see if you notice any dark dull patches on the surface of the diamond, or a dark ring around the table. The pavilion angle is too steep and this can cause leakage. Blue Nile are a very reputable company, I am not familiar with the other.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can I ask why the heck you are buying it now? Diamonds are not a good investment...

srhooton

Rough_Rock
Because diamond prices have dropped 15% at wholesale, so my logic is that if I buy now, I can get a bigger/higher quality stone at a less price.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2009 3:29:49 PM
Because diamond prices have dropped 15% at wholesale, so my logic is that if I buy now, I can get a bigger/higher quality stone at a less price.

That is flawed logic...we have no idea where diamond prices will be in 5 years. Also, what if your future wife wants a princess or a cushion or whatever? What will you do then?

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Agreed. Buy it now if you want to propose now. Else it will not feel right, as in you are buying the stone for the perceive bargain and not as a commitment to the girl.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2009 3:52:08 PM
Author: Stone-cold11
Agreed. Buy it now if you want to propose now. Else it will not feel right, as in you are buying the stone for the perceive bargain and not as a commitment to the girl.
Yep, and also you cannot predict where your relationship and financial position will be in five years. You said you''d like to purchase a larger diamond. What if by then, you can afford a much larger diamond? You''ll end up selling the one you plan to buy now for less than you paid (in most likelihood).

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/13/2009 3:48:01 PM
Author: neatfreak

Date: 8/13/2009 3:29:49 PM

That is flawed logic...we have no idea where diamond prices will be in 5 years. Also, what if your future wife wants a princess or a cushion or whatever? What will you do then?
or a bigger stone.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results