shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this dendritic agate too chunky for my tiny hand?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi there I have this 38 carat dendritic agate. I would like to set it as a ring, but is the size a little too chunky for me? I am not looking at a pendant as I do not like to wear a chain. Any suggestion on the type of ring setting that will compliment the agate or make it appear smaller/ less bulky? tks!

Photo0574.jpg

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think it is too big for your hand. Even unset, it is already wider than your finger.

I would set it as a brooch or a hair clip, since you dislike pendants.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
hmm...like your suggestion:) tks

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/18/2009 5:52:56 AM
Author: Lady_Disdain
I think it is too big for your hand. Even unset, it is already wider than your finger.

I would set it as a brooch or a hair clip, since you dislike pendants.

+1

ma re

Ideal_Rock
You can also make it a center of a silver bangle bracelet (for example). It really is very large for a ring, and a small hand certainly doesen''t help.

But if you love large stones in rings then go for it...or if you''d like something instead of attending a self-defence course
9.gif

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 11/18/2009 9:15:46 AM
Author: ma re
You can also make it a center of a silver bangle bracelet (for example). It really is very large for a ring, and a small hand certainly doesen''t help.

But if you love large stones in rings then go for it...or if you''d like something instead of attending a self-defence course
9.gif

I do think that its too big for a ring.. I like bangle, but I think that the size will still look HUGE on my wrist:) Maybe I should just keep it?

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Yes it would probably be huge for the wrist too, so I''d either keep it loose (as a nice paperweight
9.gif
) or set it into something like a brooch. But whatever you''d choose in terms of setting, it would require a lot of metal, so I''m not sure how cost-effective this idea would be.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i wear rings of that size...sometimes three on one hand. its all a matter of taste.

set with a thin bezel it won''t be that much wider.

however, admittedly, i''m a big stone/ring person.......

mz

Ali

Shiny_Rock
What about setting it E-W in a cuff style bracelet?

cufffordendritic.jpg

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 11/18/2009 12:10:12 PM
Author: Ali

wow cool pict:) tks!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I think a bangle is a great idea.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 11/18/2009 11:30:40 AM
Author: ma re
Yes it would probably be huge for the wrist too, so I'd either keep it loose (as a nice paperweight
9.gif
) or set it into something like a brooch. But whatever you'd choose in terms of setting, it would require a lot of metal, so I'm not sure how cost-effective this idea would be.

heehee the hateful thing is that its too small for a paper weight and too big for a ring
9.gif
I usually look for silver for dendritic quartz as they are big and relatively inexpensive.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do not like to wear stones that are larger than my finger (width or height wise). It not only risks damage but looks tacky. I’m with the suggestion for an elegant brooch or stick pin.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
interesting, Chrono, that you think it looks tacky. i find most people ask me if i''m an artist......its a quesiton i get asked all the time. people assume from my choice of rings....large and many on one hand as well as mixing of types of rings....that i''m an artist. it happens time and again....... it begins with you have interesting jewelry, i just love that one, are you an artist?

mz

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/18/2009 12:10:12 PM
Author: Ali

Ooo love this option.

I ditto that its too big for a ring.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
You have a very pretty hand, and I could see it looking wonderful as a bold ring on your middle or index finger. But it depends on your personal style. It sounds like that''s not your style, so I vote for a bangle.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 11/19/2009 6:35:58 PM
Author: glitterata
You have a very pretty hand, and I could see it looking wonderful as a bold ring on your middle or index finger. But it depends on your personal style. It sounds like that''s not your style, so I vote for a bangle.
Thanks Glitterata:) The last finger appeared ''crooked'' in the phto though heehee. I do not usually wears big ring. However to me tacky or not will very much depend on the type of setting and metal use.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results