shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this costume or real? Help please :)

mydora

Rough_Rock
My first post. Found this necklace with my grandmothers things. I think it's costume but it's very heavy and I noticed the stones are very sparkly. Anyone have any clue? There are no numbers or markings anywhere. Also it's not really a locket for a picture. Anyone know what it is for?

image_3861.jpg image_3862.jpg image_3863.jpg image_3859.jpg

RSargent

Shiny_Rock
What a pretty piece of jewelry! It's hard to tell from the pictures, but you could easily have the stones checked to see if they are diamonds. Most department stores that sell fine jewelry would do it for you. You could also have the metal tested. Could it be a watch fob? Often pocket watches had pretty fobs that kept them weighted in the pocket.

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
The locket appears to be costume (gold plated) based on the interior finish and the stones. Can't tell regarding the chain as folks often mix and match their chains....so have a local jeweler take a look. It's really important for sentimental reasons to keep a few family items (even if costume). Thanks for sharing.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The chain is attached to the pendant, and this is costume jewelry with glass rhinestones.

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
Costume - I have never seen a genuine gold piece have a magnet closure and the texture inside a real give away

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results