shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this certification believable??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dhavill

Rough_Rock
Hey, all. First time poster on here! I need some expert advice. I found a diamond online that has some really nice spec''s, especially for the price. Unfortunately, the picture quality of the diamond isn''t very good, and its hard to visualize if the diamond lives up to the EGL-USA certification. The lighting might be bad, but I''m concerned that there''s no head-on 10X pic, and there appears to be a fair amount of yellow in the diamond, though this could just be due to poor lighting. Specifications and pic''s are below. Any thoughts on whether or not this is worth the 7-day money back guarantee? Thanks in advance!

Weight = 1.41
Measurements = 7.36 X 7.29 X 4.41
Depth = 60.2%
Table = 60%
Crown = 13.2%
Pavilion = 43.5%
Color = G
Clarity = SI1
Polish/Symmetry = VG/G
Cut = VG/Premium (HCA score = 1.9)
Price = $5,500

diamond1.jpg

diamond2.jpg

EZ-Monet

Rough_Rock

Greetings dhavill,

The certificate plot looks clean, and I feel confident the "color" is just the lighting. EGL – USA appears to be serious about demonstrating that they are the best of the EGL bunch. However, I recommend you call or email the stone’s vendor with your concerns. He appears to be an absolute standup guy.

I think you will be hard pressed to find a better value, especially at the price you didn’t list. Bye the way, I believe the return window is 14 days.

Good luck!

dhavill

Rough_Rock
Thanks for sharing your experience, EZ Monet. Anyone else have an opinion to share? Would this much yellow under this light be within a "G" rating? FYI -- This is the normangoodman e-bay seller that I've seen mentioned in a couple of threads.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That's a terrible picture. Ignore it, it's useless.

A few more questions you might consider:

Who issued the report? Do you have a copy?

7-day return is rather short. 7 days from when and until when? If this includes shipping time, you will be very hard pressed to make a considered examination in this time frame. Most people want to get an independent appraisal during the return period and it is sometimes difficult to schedule an appointment with a qualified appraiser in such a short window.
Is the seller otherwise credible? Make sure you have a plan before you plunk down your money..

Why the bad picture? If it's a dealer, they should be able to do better than that. If they can't, I would take it to mean that they have something to hide (like damage after the date of the lab examination). Taking a decent picture isn't that hard and for $5500, it's not an unreasonable thing for you to request. If it's a consumer, I would be a little nervous about the whole return/refund business.

Neil Beaty, GG ISA
Independent Appraisals in Denver

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results