shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this band a modern or vintage or antique?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought this eternity over the weekend from a pawn shop. It is platinum and diamond. 2.9 mm wide. 30 diamonds. I’m hoping that i didn’t pay too much because I’m a bargain hunter. But I can’t seem to comp it bc the ones I see don’t really have prongs inside the channel. I believe this makes mine bead set? So I got to wondering if it’s retro or vintage or am I looking in the wrong place? I’m also thinking of adding milgrain to it. But I don’t want to mess with it if it’s an antique. Sometimes the diamonds look like single cuts but others they bling like full cuts. Thoughts? E816885F-3A0C-45AD-9E10-17FAE8AE4A07.jpeg 1D4CF9E4-E537-44BC-8BB4-64E385E3499E.jpeg 1BAF8D38-5404-4536-A51C-3469943B764E.jpeg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s looks lovely @nala :kiss2:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not seeing single cuts in these pictures, are they dispersed around the band?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your eternity has more facets than single cuts, just a reference for anyone reading who may not be as familiar.

IMG_7676.jpg

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your eternity has more facets than single cuts, just a reference for anyone reading who may not be as familiar.

IMG_7676.jpg

See. I swear I see those facets on some. Hmmm. Do you think that makes the band modern?

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's vintage, not antique. It looks like there used to be engraving that has worn away. By all means, add milgrain!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's vintage, not antique. It looks like there used to be engraving that has worn away. By all means, add milgrain!

Omg! Ty for enabling me!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What @JPie said, I actually really like the cut on these and the look of the band with your solitaire, a little milgrain would make it even better! Great find Nala!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@nala, agree with PPs, my gut feeling is it's vintage as opposed to antique. It's gorgeous. Love it with your ering. I think it looks really nice as is. But of course it's up to you, milgrain is beautiful too.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What @JPie said, I actually really like the cut on these and the look of the band with your solitaire, a little milgrain would make it even better! Great find Nala!

Thank you!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@nala, agree with PPs, my gut feeling is it's vintage as opposed to antique. It's gorgeous. Love it with your ering. I think it looks really nice as is. But of course it's up to you, milgrain is beautiful too.

Thank you! I have to agree that I do love it as it is bc the stones are the stars and I wonder if the milgrain will obscure them. I think I’m gonna wear it as is for a while.

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! I have to agree that I do love it as it is bc the stones are the stars and I wonder if the milgrain will obscure them. I think I’m gonna wear it as is for a while.

My opinion is it would look even better with milgrain because the metal will be less shiny but still sparkly. Sometimes shiny takes away from the diamonds. I would guess it’s 1930’s.

If some look single cut they could be just a few replacement stones but I agree most look full cut from what I can see.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!

utsav

Rough_Rock
Trade
Yep, Those are single cut diamonds and it looks beautiful!

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
While did your milgrain, that was fast and well done

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results