shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this AVC "the one"?

lakeside

Rough_Rock
Hello All!

First off let me say how much I have enjoyed this forum the last couple of years. I have 3 unmarried sons who I have already gotten ready to come to Pricescope when the time comes lol!

I found this forum a couple of years ago when looking to upgrade my wedding ring. I was a single mom who met my husband at a conference. We had a long distance relationship for about 3 months and when my son and I came for a visit to Minnesota from California-he proposed! I was so surprised and happy! He had picked out a ring from a jeweler his family had used. I thought it was nice but had the jeweler add a wedding band to my ring after we were married. I told her at the time I did not like it with the new attached band. She told me to live with it for awhile and see if I would grow to like it. I have now lived with it for 24 years and have never grown to like it! I have short fingers and it was very wide. I had the band part unsoldered 5+ years ago after I became an RN and the hand sanitizing foam under that big ol' chunk of gold would give me a constant rash. It did not look the same as it originally did after unsoldering or I probably would not have minded so much.

About a week ago, I saw ohsomethingshiny's AVC ring with the CVB Acacia setting. I knew right then that that stone and setting was exactly what I wanted. I received a stone from Jonathan today! It is a warmer color than I had originally been planning but is also less expensive. Oh my it's pretty and sparkly!

Here is the link https://www.augustvintageinc.com/co...-august-vintage-cushion-brilliant-avr2065kvs2

Please let me know what you think. Also, dealing with Jonathan has been an absolute pleasure. My husband doesn't quite get the buying a diamond online thing, but after spending so much time here (who knew I enjoyed reading about jewelry so much?) I wouldn't buy a diamond any other way.

Thanks so much for reading my life story. If you have a few more hours I can tell you how it was transitioning from California weather to Minnesota winters:))

Last edited:

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it’s beautiful! If it’s going in an Acacia, it’s going to look even more beautiful :appl: lovely choice there. Will you be going for yellow gold?

Ladygrey

Shiny_Rock
I don't know if it's the one, because only you can answer that, but it's GORGEOUS! :kiss2:

lakeside

Rough_Rock
I think it’s beautiful! If it’s going in an Acacia, it’s going to look even more beautiful :appl: lovely choice there. Will you be going for yellow gold?

Thanks for your response. I'm thinking exactly like ohsomethingshinys. Hers is platinum on the top and 18k yellow gold on the shank. My skin tone actually favors yellow gold but I just like the look of the two metals so much. Do you think the stone is too warm for platinum?

lakeside

Rough_Rock
I messed that quote up lol sorry. :oops:

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful! I like some color in old cuts, I'm sure it will look great.

chamois

Brilliant_Rock
Hello All!

First off let me say how much I have enjoyed this forum the last couple of years. I have 3 unmarried sons who I have already gotten ready to come to Pricescope when the time comes lol!

I found this forum a couple of years ago when looking to upgrade my wedding ring. I was a single mom who met my husband at a conference. We had a long distance relationship for about 3 months and when my son and I came for a visit to Minnesota from California-he proposed! I was so surprised and happy! He had picked out a ring from a jeweler his family had used. I thought it was nice but had the jeweler add a wedding band to my ring after we were married. I told her at the time I did not like it with the new attached band. She told me to live with it for awhile and see if I would grow to like it. I have now lived with it for 24 years and have never grown to like it! I have short fingers and it was very wide. I had the band part unsoldered 5+ years ago after I became an RN and the hand sanitizing foam under that big ol' chunk of gold would give me a constant rash. It did not look the same as it originally did after unsoldering or I probably would not have minded so much.

About a week ago, I saw ohsomethingshiny's AVC ring with the CVB Acacia setting. I knew right then that that stone and setting was exactly what I wanted. I received a stone from Jonathan today! It is a warmer color than I had originally been planning but is also less expensive. Oh my it's pretty and sparkly!

Here is the link https://www.augustvintageinc.com/co...-august-vintage-cushion-brilliant-avr2065kvs2

Please let me know what you think. Also, dealing with Jonathan has been an absolute pleasure. My husband doesn't quite get the buying a diamond online thing, but after spending so much time here (who knew I enjoyed reading about jewelry so much?) I wouldn't buy a diamond any other way.

Thanks so much for reading my life story. If you have a few more hours I can tell you how it was transitioning from California weather to Minnesota winters:))

Beautiful stone. I would keep the AVC no hesitation whatsoever.
FYI I have a 1.82 J SI1 AVC that I adore :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your story! I will have to agree that shopping with trusted vendors online is a LOT safer than buying at any random jewelry store!

ohsomethingshiny's AVC ring in the CVB Acacia setting is one of my absolute favorites on the forum! I think the K AVC looks beautiful, and as long as you like the color, I think it's a great choice! I have an antique asscher ring (also CVB) in K color, and it really does not look yellow to me at all. I love an antique cushion cut in the Acacia, so I do not see how you could go wrong!

princessandthepear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello and welcome to Pricescope. Your future ring will be stunning. What metal will you have it made in?

lakeside

Rough_Rock
I am going to use 18k yellow gold for the shank and the rest in platinum. I like that two-tone look. The stone really is beautiful and it's hard to think about sending it back now that it's in my hot little hand. I have been looking for a couple of years but just could not decide. It's funny how when you find "it" you just know!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it will look great in yellow gold. But whatever color you do perceive you need to embrace it. If it bothers you at all I would keep looking and maybe go up in color.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BEAUTIFUL AVC!!! Caysie will make such a beautiful home for it!! So amazing!!! :love:

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I totally love two-tone so will always be an enabler. I don’t think it’s too warm for platinum at all. If you are concerned, get Caysie to take some pics of it in platinum and in YG sample settings and see how you like it before she makes your ring?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its a beautiful stone! I tend to like older looking cuts in lower colors. Also, the big bright facets of an AVC really make the lower colors look quite white
IMO. Another fan of 2 tone metal:wavey:.

I've got some bad news though...you're going to have to pry that stone out of your hot little hands to send it to Caysie:lol:! Ok, so maybe not really bad
news in the long run!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Welcome, glad to have you! I agree, the folks at GOG are fabulous. They’re one of my favorite PS vendors, and definitely a go-to. Would love to hear about your transition from CA to MN :geek2:.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it'll look great in two tone metal as long as you are happy with the warmer color of the stone ....but I'm biased b/c I have a warm stone in two tone metal :kiss2: :lol-2: congrats on the new stone and coming ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results