shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this asscher worth considering?

Timely

Rough_Rock
Hello, I’m wanting to purchase an asscher cut lab diamond, but as someone who is new to lab diamonds in general, and evaluating cut on asschers more specifically, I’d appreciate any insight anyone might have.

I’ve been sent these two videos and I’m concerned that the stone looks too dark in the second one.

I hope I’ve inserted those links correctly.

Last edited:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Whats the numbers on the report just to confirm some things?

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Big table at 68, low crown at 12% very deep pavilion for a depth over 71. All bad news.
With the diamonds floating in air it hides a ton of flaws and is not at all real world.
On the finger or with a colored background would show the flaws.
Not worth the hassle of getting them in this case with the other issues.

Timely

Rough_Rock
Big table at 68, low crown at 12% very deep pavilion for a depth over 71. All bad news.
With the diamonds floating in air it hides a ton of flaws and is not at all real world.
On the finger or with a colored background would show the flaws.
Not worth the hassle of getting them in this case with the other issues.

Thanks for the feedback! What sort of numbers should I be looking for in the future?

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Depth does not always equal mm spread differences but unless the table is under 60 with a high crown stay under 70.
Table in general 65 and under but if everything else is perfect 66 or so can work as long s the crown height is good.
Crown height in general 14%+, but if the facets work very well with each other then shorter can work.
Look for bright pleasing patterns static face up and how well it dances when moved.

Timely

Rough_Rock
Depth does not always equal mm spread differences but unless the table is under 60 with a high crown stay under 70.
Table in general 65 and under but if everything else is perfect 66 or so can work as long s the crown height is good.
Crown height in general 14%+, but if the facets work very well with each other then shorter can work.
Look for bright pleasing patterns static face up and how well it dances when moved.

Thank you, that’s very helpful

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results