shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this appropriate? Invitation wording help.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondgirl4382

Shiny_Rock
I am ordering invites today (this has really snuck up on me!!)...just need a little help because of a family situation. I was planning to word them pretty traditionally, like this (found it on brides.com, it''s not our real names) ...

Mr. and Mrs. Daniel Thomas Chrzanowski
*request the honour of your presence
at the marriage of their daughter
Colleen Marie
to
Ryan Michael Cronin
son of Mr. and Mrs. Jason Rigby Cronin
Saturday, the twenty-third of May, etc.

Family situation is...FI''s parents are divorced. His real dad has been out of the picture since he was about 8, and his stepdad has raised him. His real dad won''t be at the wedding, and he certainly doesn''t want him mentioned on the invitation. Since he thinks of his stepdad as a father to him, is it appropriate to word the invite as above (with mom and stepdad''s name on it)?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Absolulely. My friend that just got married was in the same boat with her FI. But his name was different than his step dad''s which made the wording a little tricky.

Is your FI''s last name the same as his stepdads?

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
YEP! I am in the exact situation. My FI''s dad isn''t around and his stepdad has been his ''dad''. On our invite I put FI''s parents name and they have a different last name. I think yours is great!
9.gif

diamondgirl4382

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much! His last name is different from his stepdads.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results