shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this an odd coloration for a Sapphire?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eac

Shiny_Rock
FrekeChild - why don''t you get some drafting templates to help when drawing designs? Like these circle templates? http://www.draftingsteals.com/catalog-templates-circles.html

Another thing that helps is to get some calipers or a very precise ruler and to practice, say, drawing a pendant setting to real-life scale for a particular gemstone.

Maybe this needs a new thread, sorry if I''m hijacking here!

RevolutionGems

Shiny_Rock
Strangely enough, I used to be a big fan of Tool as well.

As far as the ring goes, I sort of have an idea but I am afraid the finished product wouldn''t be what I actually want. Than again, I could just melt it down and try again...

Freke, you have inspired me. I am going to start designing the ring. The hard part will be the wax carving. I''m not very good at that yet.

Anyway, I am off to cut some stones.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2008 8:21:09 PM
Author: Revolution
Strangely enough, I used to be a big fan of Tool as well.

As far as the ring goes, I sort of have an idea but I am afraid the finished product wouldn''t be what I actually want. Than again, I could just melt it down and try again...

Freke, you have inspired me. I am going to start designing the ring. The hard part will be the wax carving. I''m not very good at that yet.

Anyway, I am off to cut some stones.
Yay! I''m off to go avoid doing homework! Oh wait, I don''t have to go anywhere to avoid doing it.
9.gif

Perhaps I''ll find some funky gemstones and get inspired...

Don''t forget to post pics of the whole process!

ohiogirl461

Rough_Rock
Oh I love that stone. It''s beautiful! I think you should draw your designs, even if you think your not the best.

Like some of you here, I to like unique pieces and what people would consider wierd pieces!
21.gif
I think this thread is great.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results