shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this an ideal or excellent cut?

dogmom89

Rough_Rock
Hi all! Thank you so much in advance for reading.

Long story short, it's been a long and stressful journey with my engagement ring. I was proposed to with a mined diamond and I really wanted a lab created (moral reasons) Thankfully, our jeweller bought the mined diamond back and we are having my ring re-set with a lab diamond (and adding a halo!) I've been searching and reading all that I can.... I get excited about a diamond on paper only to find out it has obvious flaws in the video or vice versa. I think I'm ready to pull the trigger on this one but would LOVE some advice from you experts on here :) Really appreciate it.

It's a 1.71 carat, VVS2, F color, Ideal cut. CVD Type IIA (I don't see any striation marks or brown tint like I did with many others in video)
I ran it through a cut estimator and it *seems* to hit the AGS and GIA ideal/excellent but just barely? I'm not sure what the actual grade would be. The video looks like there may be some darkness under the table but could just be the camera angle? Really wanting a beautifully cut diamond with a ton of sparkle. It was graded by IGI (which I understand is common for labs) but want to know how it would hold up to the others.

Specs:
57.5% table
61.3% total depth
34.6 Crown angle
40.9 Pav angle
Girdle: Thin to medium

Here is a link to the video: http://diamondgirl.website/videoanother.php?refno=4257250

Thank you all so much! Any and all advice welcome, I'm hoping to buy it ASAP. I did post in another forum but didn't get any response so thought I'd try here too. Thank you

Mekp

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement.
Rocky Talky is for earth mined diamonds only. We can't discuss lab diamonds here.
There is a section for lab diamonds. I'm sure if you post there or have this post moved there you will get a response.

dogmom89

Rough_Rock
Oops, my bad. I did originally post there but it was crickets so thought I would try here. I will delete, thank you for letting me know!

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops, my bad. I did originally post there but it was crickets so thought I would try here. I will delete, thank you for letting me know!

The numbers are promising but the actual cut quality is decent, not great. Below 90/100 in my book.
Will not comment any further since this is for natural diamonds only.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results