shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this an ideal image?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

layman

Rough_Rock
Hi experts,

Please help me check if the patterns are ideal. I am a bit worried about arrows alignment.

/idealbb/files/hearts1010.jpg

/idealbb/files/arrows2.jpg

/idealbb/files/IdealScope1010.jpg

Web 243229H.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow! Those are very nice...

For someone hunting down the last hair split, one hart is somewhat smaller and one arrow head (probably the corresponding one) even less removed from it's shaft. This is haor splitting at it's worst. In my opinion this is among the very best stones out there. Quite a sight
2.gif

layman

Rough_Rock
Yeah, I was fumbling with the upload function. I have managed to edit the post to include all the pics now.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks great to me
1.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
I agree with Val. Looks like one arrow is off center of the shaft oh so slightly. May be a function of the IS tho. Really looks like the rock should be a dazzling performer!
3.gif

layman

Rough_Rock

I think it must be the effect of reading too much of the Hearts and Arrows tutorials, I am a bit nervous about the true H&A status of this rock.

From the tutorials, it seems like even minor imperfections can disqualify a stone to be called H&A.

Can anyone tell me if this stone passes the H&A test?

I am nervous because this is going to be my first Internet purchase and I believe I am paying quite a bit of a premium for this stone which is labeled H&A.

Tek

Rough_Rock
I think it's hard to say what is "true" H&A and what isn't. I don't think there's standardization on what makes up a "true" H&A stone yet. Many different websites have different views on what is and isn't a "true" H&A symmetry and provide guidelines.

The stone you are looking at is incredibly good in it's H&A patterns. Often times the stone is H&A, but the picture taken doesn't reflect it. Diamond photography is very intricate. Millimeters can mean the difference between a good picture and bad picture. I think that diamond is beautiful, and you would never be able to tell the difference between this H&A and any other H&A visually without the use of these magnified scopes. It's definately splitting hairs at the level which you are starting to get into. If the price is right, I'd say jump on it of you are considering it for a H&A diamond.

Good luck.

Tek

Rough_Rock
Btw, Who's the vendor if you don't mind me asking?

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Actually, Hardrock, this appears from the images to be an exceptional stone.

Also, I'd argue that this vendor is among the most competitively priced......here or elsewhere. What you're paying for is the make of the stone.

This stone looks to be as much an H&A stone as others I've seen out there. Honestly, there is no GLARING thing from the image that would suggest it's not a true H&A.

Good luck

PlatinumDiamond

Shiny_Rock
Wow, those are some fantastic shots!
21.gif

layman

Rough_Rock
Tek, the vendor has been exceptionally nice to have sent me the pictures, so I don't think I should disclose their identity and turn this into some kind judging session for the vendor.

That would truly have done some injustice to their nice gestures.

I am truly just concern about this particular stone that I am might be buying.

Although, some of you might have already guessed who the vendor is.
1.gif

dyemonds2002

Shiny_Rock
Its not a true H&A notice the top arrows above the heart they both come down to a point one is suppose to be shorter than the other also the hearts are not suppose to split in the middle notice the line. Hope this helps

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Heehehe dyemonds that is funny.

I agree with Rich...the stone is a knockout.

Great vendor also...good choice.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 2/27/2004 10:46:04 PM hardrock wrote:

Tek, the vendor has been exceptionally nice to have sent me the pictures, so I don't think I should disclose their identity and turn this into some kind judging session for the vendor.

Although, some of you might have already guessed who the vendor is.
1.gif

----------------

Oh, yeah! And some of us did without even knowing it, too!
2.gif

Rich Sherwood is one of the best!! You've picked quite a rock!!
3.gif

dyemonds2002

Shiny_Rock
Look at the points above the heart they come down at a point together one point is suppose to be half way up then the other consistenly all the way around. And if the split is more than just at the cleft of the heart then its not true H&A

iceprincess

Shiny_Rock
Hardrock,

Your stone looks beautiful. I just bought a RB ideal H&A from this vendor and I was floored when I got my stone. I can't take my eyes off it and I get stares from strangers all the time. In addition to their top quality stones, you will not find better customer service and better store policies anywhere. Don't be shy about asking the vendor any questions you need to as they are here to be of service to you- they don't gain anything by hiding anything from you. Vendors want your business, but not at the expense of you being unsatisfied with your ring.

Best of luck in your search. This one looks great.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm pretty anal when it comes to examining these images and I see nothing that raises any red flags here.

layman

Rough_Rock
I seem to get quite a good idea of who everyone is in this thread except dyemonds2002.

dyemonds2002, are you a fellow consumer or are you in this line? I am just curious.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
From past posts, Dye looks like a consumer. Dye has posted about purchases from a couple different Vendors.
1.gif

layman

Rough_Rock
I thank everyone for all the precious advice. Pricescope is such a great place for newbies seeking help in their purchase.

I realised that H&A is just one factor in determining a diamond's beauty. From some of the posts here, I learned that H&A will not likely enhance the look of the diamond as much as proportions.

I have thus decided to post more details of this diamond, hopefully more experts can give me further insights.

Carat: 0.618 E VS2
Measurements: 5.51 - 5.54 x 3.37 mm
Table %: 55
Crown Angle: 34.1
Pav Angle: 40.9
Depth %: 60.9
Crown %: 15.0
Pav %: 43.0
Girdle: Faceted 0.9% - 1.4%

What else shall I look out for when purchasing on the internet? Any kind of 'traps' that internet buyers in general should be warned of?

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 3/2/2004 6:51:02 AM hardrock wrote:

What else shall I look out for when purchasing on the internet? Any kind of 'traps' that internet buyers in general should be warned of?
----------------

Apply the same principles to internet buying as you would for traditional shopping.

Do your homework on their reputatation (which your being here is a great first start) and stick with the vendors who are well known and well regarded.

Make sure you understand the company's policies (trade-up, etc.) and make sure the return policy is generous enough that you could return the stone if it wasn't what you expected (which is highly unlikely if you choose a good vendor to begin with).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results