shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this an acceptable way to take an ideal scope image?

lanz88

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone!

I’m trying to get some practice in with taking idealscope images. Is this the correct way or is backlight too bright? It’s a backlit white screen with a piece of paper on top.
Cheers!
F7B4A28E-2593-40BF-92D3-D8CE8B4A1B52.jpeg 4F31E44C-7BBF-4BA3-A436-1C840FEDA0D8.jpeg

Last edited:

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Not bad at all Ian, You could use a bit more backlight behind the ring. With a different phone google youtube white screen and make sure the phones brightness is turned up. Zoom in a little more if you can and make sure the diamond lines up with the end of the pink plastic.

lanz88

Rough_Rock
Not bad at all Ian, You could use a bit more backlight behind the ring. With a different phone google youtube white screen and make sure the phones brightness is turned up. Zoom in a little more if you can and make sure the diamond lines up with the end of the pink plastic.

Thanks Garry! I’m getting two loose diamonds on Friday to compare so I want to make sure I’m taking the images correctly so I can seek PS help. Thanks for your advice :)

lanz88

Rough_Rock
From the same website.
Should have ordered it when you got your scope :(

I live in Brisbane and it’s quoting me $21USD for shipping. Is there an Australian website?

lanz88

Rough_Rock
I am in Melbourne.
We can arrange a bit cheaper
send me a message

Thanks Gary! I’ll see how I go on Friday and if I’m struggling I’ll order the glass holder :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results