shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this about as perfect as they get?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ed.touche

Rough_Rock
http://www.superbcert.com/Shop_By_Product/Diamond_Details.cfm/P/506/N/1;1

Aside from the colout being F (and size!) do they get any better than this?
Is a Megascope report as good as determining an AGS ideal cut as an AGS cert itself?

thanks.
Ed

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ed...

This a nice ideal cut stone..

Megascope Data (Sarin) shows no variation greater than .06 between all the measured angles... (Tightly cut)

Brilliancescope Data shows all Very-High's

Idealscope looks good and performs well on the HCA as well..

I say it's a great choice..
21.gif

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Looks lovely, Ed. I'm sure that you'll discover that F colour is white, white, white.

Daniela

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! Very, very nice stone!! Looks like an excellent candidate and I wouldn't exitate in calling it almost perfect!
1.gif

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I will echo the others and say that this appears to be a very nice stone.
1.gif
I have an F, and I honestly can't tell the difference between an F and a D, even when they're side by side.

Let us know what happens next...
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
The stone looks lovely. I would guess you were not able to find yourself a D IF in a similar size, so dropped to F?

Anyhow, one other option, depending on how much $$ you are willing to spend, is to see if one of the companies can cut you your own stone, such as EightStar. It may be alot more, I really have no idea, and there is no guarantee that it will be D IF (they can only work with the rough they have, select the best possible candidate and cut, but when it's sent to a grading lab, they may deem it a VVS1 for a tiny visible flaw), but it's a thought.

Othewise I think this is a great candidate. If you have more TIME to look around and be patient, you could find a D IF over time, but I have no idea what your schedule is like.

Good luck.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
The stone looks beautiful.
9.gif
I would bet that you will be very happy with it. I spent a lot of time looking at D, E, and F stones, thinking I really wanted a D if I could find the right stone. The reality was that I could not tell a difference. The real difference between the three is increased rarity of the D's, not a visual difference. (There obviously is a slight difference between each grade if you have the stone upside down on white paper, but in a setting you wll not see any.) I think you made the right choice be selecting the stone with the overall parameters, within the colorless range.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
This stone looks BEAUTIFUL.....really a stunner.

Having said that, I wish someone could shed some light on why Barry's hearts images look so horrible? I've looked at numerous stones of his, and I wasn't surprised to find this type of distortion on the ones with the more significant pavilion angles, but by the numbers, this stone shouldn't look that way.

With these numbers, I'd expect a really gorgeous hearts image, and yet the hearts still look like folded paper airplanes do in the middle....and the clefts to the hearts look very notable as well. Can of you the appraisers/cutters, etc. shed any light on why this may be happening? I don't think it's a question of photography.....depth of field doesn't work quite that way.

ed.touche

Rough_Rock
Good question - thanks Al.

This brings me onto my next point. I am planning to get this stone cert independently by the Consumers Gem lab. This process will cost about $125 and repeats much of the same stuff. Is this a worthwhile exercise?

p.s. if any of you know where I could by an even better stone, please tell me! What is all this talk about Eightstar????!

Cheers,
Ed.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results