shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a well cut pear? Opinions greatly appreciated!

wingedthings

Rough_Rock
I was hoping to get opinions on this Ada Diamonds pear. I know the specs are good, maybe unnecessarily so. What I'm really looking for is good light return and nice patterning. I'm in love with pear shapes, but I know it can be hard to find a good one. I have a deposit on this one, but that deposit is transferable to another diamond if I change my mind on it. What do you think?

HD video
Video in temporary setting
Certificate (1.45ct E VVS2, ratio 1.53, depth 62.5%, EX EX, no fluorescence, CVD)

I've never owned a diamond before, and I'm so excited to build a beautiful engagement ring :)

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I would describe that as a bow tie that you may like, or hate.
Because it is always somewhere you may hate it, but because it changes positin and will probably show good fire in those areas, you may love it.
You need to see it in better non flood lit environments, ideally in person

wingedthings

Rough_Rock
I would describe that as a bow tie that you may like, or hate.
Because it is always somewhere you may hate it, but because it changes positin and will probably show good fire in those areas, you may love it.
You need to see it in better non flood lit environments, ideally in person

Thank you for your thoughts! Sadly online is how I've got to do it, I'm way up in Alaska.

If you have a moment, is one of these two any better?
1.32 carat
1.42 carat

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you for your thoughts! Sadly online is how I've got to do it, I'm way up in Alaska.

If you have a moment, is one of these two any better?
1.32 carat
1.42 carat
Lousy videos, really cant say much at all. Can you get ASET images?
Can you return easily if you dont like?

wingedthings

Rough_Rock
Lousy videos, really cant say much at all. Can you get ASET images?
Can you return easily if you dont like?

Valid questions... no to ASET as far as I know, and once the ring is in production I'd lose a 20% deposit were I to return it. I'm definitely getting cold feet about this! I wonder if I should go somewhere that's a little more transparent about their offerings.

Edited to add: I plumbed the depths of Google and apparently I can ask for ASET images!

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results