shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a reasonable price?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

val23

Rough_Rock
Hi all,
Found this diamond on bluenile... with these specs, is the price reasonable?
http://www.bluenile.ca/round-diamond-1-carat-or-less-signature-ideal-cut-g-colour-vs2-clarity_LD01415022?__fun_frm=i&filter_id=1
Prices are in Canadian dollars... so it''s about 2,068$ US.

Thanks!!

Diamond Information
Stock number: LD01415022
Price: C$2,578
Bank wire price: C$2,540
Carat weight: 0.61
Cut: Signature Ideal
Colour: G
Clarity: VS2

Price per carat: C$4,226
Depth %: 61.4%
Table %: 56%
Symmetry: Excellent
Polish: Excellent
Girdle: Thin to medium
Culet: None
Fluorescence: Faint
Measurements: 5.48 x 5.46 x 3.36 mm

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Val,

The diamond looks great and BN are competitively priced, it could be an excellent choice.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Wow val23 you are a quick study! You picked a very nice stone out of the gate. And the price is right too!

val23

Rough_Rock
Thanks Lorelei and Onedrop... i still don''t know much... it was a luck of draw!
Do you think it would look nice in a 3-stone setting though?
My G/F is a size 4.5 ... so i''m just wondering if a 3-stone setting with the 0.61 ct (5.48mm) would look to big for her finger. she doesn''t want anything too big... (lucky for me).. but a modest looking ring for our engagement. So if I pair up the 0.61 ct as a center stone with two smaller sidestones (around 0.5 total ct.. around 3.8mm).. do you think it would be too big for a 4.5 sized finger?

I''m very iffy on the terminology.. so please forgive me in advance..!

SYC

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/16/2008 3:28:08 PM
Author: val23
Thanks Lorelei and Onedrop... i still don''t know much... it was a luck of draw!
Do you think it would look nice in a 3-stone setting though?
My G/F is a size 4.5 ... so i''m just wondering if a 3-stone setting with the 0.61 ct (5.48mm) would look to big for her finger. she doesn''t want anything too big... (lucky for me).. but a modest looking ring for our engagement. So if I pair up the 0.61 ct as a center stone with two smaller sidestones (around 0.5 total ct.. around 3.8mm).. do you think it would be too big for a 4.5 sized finger?

I''m very iffy on the terminology.. so please forgive me in advance..!
That sounds lovely -- .61 definitely won''t look too big. About the sidestones -- I personally think that keeping sidestones to 1/3 the size of the center stone is a good idea. So .20 each is a good target. .25 would probably be just fine too, but you should take a look at some pictures of different sidestone proportions -- I know there are some photos on old threads here. Good luck!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
val: I am sure the proportions will be fine and that the .61ct will look great on her finger. I have a three stone engagement ring myself with a .83ct center stone and .25 ct each sidestones and I think the proportions are perfect for me. I wear a size 5. Hope that helps!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/16/2008 7:22:27 PM
Author: onedrop
val: I am sure the proportions will be fine and that the .61ct will look great on her finger. I have a three stone engagement ring myself with a .83ct center stone and .25 ct each sidestones and I think the proportions are perfect for me. I wear a size 5. Hope that helps!
Ditto!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results