shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a reasonable price to pay? Someone please help!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BrunetteBeauty

Rough_Rock
I have been looking around at different stores to find the perfect diamond. Im not planning on getting one till the end of the year, but I want to make sure I find a great buy. I was looking around at M.J Christensen, and they carry hearts on fire diamonds. I found one that I really liked, it is a 1ct, F color and SI2 clarity. The hearts and arrows looked very nice too. The total cost for the diamond was $11,000 and I was wondering if this was a reasonable price to pay? Please comment me back if anyone can help! Thanks!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
use the pricescope your diamond bar above and put in the specs and click the cut quality search and see how it compares to other ideal cut diamonds.

BrunetteBeauty

Rough_Rock
OMG!! Wow!! Thank you so much Strmdr!!! You don''t even know how much you just helped me!! That would have been a horrible buy!! Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou!!
36.gif

BrunetteBeauty

Rough_Rock
Another question, is that a pretty good clarity? Is that eye clean, or can you see it with the naked eye?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some SI2s are eye-clean, some are not. Depends on how good your vision is and the lighting.

BrunetteBeauty

Rough_Rock
Oh okay.. So I should probably go with a vs1? Thanks for the help!! Its such a hard process, finding a great diamond!! But definately worth it!!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VS2-SI1 is sufficient. VS1 and above is overkill if you''re looking to save money.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/7/2006 4:17:26 AM
Author: GirlyGirl
Another question, is that a pretty good clarity? Is that eye clean, or can you see it with the naked eye?

eyeclean si2 and si1 diamonds are available.
Call or email and ask them.
If your looking to spend 11k you could get a much larger diamond if you want :}

BrunetteBeauty

Rough_Rock
Thank you very much strmdr for all the help!! So it is okay to go down in color?? An I color show ups pretty white??

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wait a minute. You were talking about a HOF diamond. These are branded diamonds, and they come at a premium yes, but it''s like buying at Tiffany''s. Just like it because your talking just about the same premium in terms of %. You asked if that''s a good price for THAT diamond. And yes, that sounds about right for a HOF.

Now, if you are just looking for the best cut, largest, whitest diamond you can afford for 11K... then, no, it''s not a good deal and the diamonds Storm suggested or others that are cut ''ideally'' are great options. I don''t think eightstars, while amazing, for example carry the same premium that HOF and Tiffany do (someone can confirm this)... then there are infinity diamonds (which I know nothing about except that they are very well cut as well). So, it sounds like you have a nice amount of time to do a LOT of research in... and good luck!

BrunetteBeauty

Rough_Rock
Oh ok, thanks for making it clear for me gypsy. But wouldn''t buying a diamond that have good hearts and arrows be just as nice as an HOF? I don''t really care for the name, I just want a great looking diamond!! Thanks for the help!!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/9/2006 2:18:24 AM
Oh ok, thanks for making it clear for me gypsy. But wouldn''t buying a diamond that have good hearts and arrows be just as nice as an HOF? I don''t really care for the name, I just want a great looking diamond!! Thanks for the help!!
either of the gog diamonds will match up with the best of the hof diamonds and blow away a lot of em.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I color is fine for a lot of people in a super-ideal cut round diamond.
they face up white.

BrunetteBeauty

Rough_Rock
Thanks a bunch strmdr!! You sure have been an amazing amount of help!!
36.gif
35.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, GG! I am also looking for a new diamond and did recently go look at a Hearts on Fire. I have also seen a non-branded hearts and arrows stone and I can assure you that they are equivalent. So I wouldn''t even consider paying for a brand as I don''t think those diamonds are worth more at all.

As far as color goes, that is pretty personal. D-E-F are the highest price and are considered colorless. Then G-H is at the top of the near-colorless range and is less expensive, and what I consider the perfect compromise. There are others here who want the largest diamond possible, and they will choose I or J color and lower clarity in order to do so. I prefer VS clarity, personally.

For the best color comparison on the web, (and great information on all the 4 C''s including photos), go here:

http://www.goodoldgold.com/4Cs/

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I should have added this last night,
If you want to make sure take a look at an hof I color if possible and if the color is ok then you good to go with pretty much any super-ideal cut I.

BrunetteBeauty

Rough_Rock
Thank you all again for the great help!! Diamondseeker good luck on your diamond search as well, and thanks for the advice!!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/12/2006 1:25:00 AM
Thank you all again for the great help!! Diamondseeker good luck on your diamond search as well, and thanks for the advice!!

welcome! :}
let us know what you decide and if you have any questions feel free to ask :}
And pictures are mandatory! :}

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
girlygirl..we looked at HOF diamonds too at first, the premium is really out there.

there are a few vendors on PS who sell exceptional H&A stones, the others already mentioned GOG but there is also
www.whiteflash.com who has a line of H&A diamonds that they cut themselves, and also www.jamesallen.com who has a signature line of exceptionally cut stones.

you can''t go wrong with PS vendors for the most part...have fun shopping and i love the idea of getting a larger stone for $11k rather than a 1c HOF..hehee.

BrunetteBeauty

Rough_Rock
Thanks Mara, I agree bigger is better!! After everyone''s help, and seeing all the beautiful diamonds these ps vendors have to offer, I could never get one anywhere else!! I still have awhile to wait...but thats okay! By the way, your ring is beautiful!!!
35.gif

BrunetteBeauty

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/12/2006 2:41:44 AM
Author: strmrdr
Date: 6/12/2006 1:25:00 AM

welcome! :}

let us know what you decide and if you have any questions feel free to ask :}

And pictures are mandatory! :}

I can''t thank you enough strmdr!! I will definately make sure to ask for you help again!! LOL. I will be sure to post pics, but like I said that wont be for awhile!! Atleast I won''t have to be anxiously waiting all by my self now!! Thanks again!!
2.gif

Small

Brilliant_Rock
I''d like to add that I''ve had a great buying experience with [email protected] Wink at Winfields. He''s very awesome to deal with and sells great diamonds ;-)

I personally wouldn''t pay the premium for the HOF diamonds and it seems as though many have pointed you in the right direction with the awesome vendors PS has to offer. I just wanted to add one more to your list as I can''t say enough good things about Wink and the service he provides. Not to mention I own an infinity dimaond and it''s outstanding
30.gif
!!!

Good luck on your search
1.gif

BrunetteBeauty

Rough_Rock
Thanks Small for the help!! Your ring sure does sound gorgeous, so I am definately going to have to check wink out!!!
31.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I wouldn''t dismiss the SI2 out of hand without talking to the vendor. If they can tell you that it''s eyeclean, it could be a GREAT buy. I bought a completely eyeclean SI2 stone from WF, and doing so meant a much larger stone for the same money.

The vendors here are all very candid about the stones and represent them accurately, and they will tell you if it''s not eyeclean.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/13/2006 10:21:06 AM
Author: aljdewey
I wouldn''t dismiss the SI2 out of hand without talking to the vendor. If they can tell you that it''s eyeclean, it could be a GREAT buy. I bought a completely eyeclean SI2 stone from WF, and doing so meant a much larger stone for the same money.

The vendors here are all very candid about the stones and represent them accurately, and they will tell you if it''s not eyeclean.
I agree. I referred a friend to Whiteflash when he was looking for an e-ring, and he bought a 1.04 E SI2 for a great price. Bob at WF checked to make sure it was eyeclean, and when it arrived, we both looked at it from every angle under different lighting and at 1-10" away from our eyeballs. Our inspection technique was kind of comical, but neither of us could spot the inclusions with our naked eyes (although they were easy to spot with magnification which is why is was an SI2).

BrunetteBeauty

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice aljdewey & kay.. I would much rather have a si1 diamond if that means a bigger ring!!!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results