shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a quality diamond? Need to get it right this time around.. Please help :)

dogmom89

Rough_Rock
Hi all! Thank you so much in advance for reading.

Long story short, it's been a long and stressful journey with my engagement ring. I was proposed to with a mined diamond and it was very important to me (moral reasons) that I wanted a lab created. Thankfully, our jeweller bought the mined diamond back and we are having my ring re-set with a lab diamond (and adding a halo!) I've been searching and reading all that I can.... I get excited about a diamond on paper only to find out it has obvious flaws in the video. I think I'm ready to pull the trigger on this one but would LOVE some advice from you experts on here :) Really appreciate it.

It's a 1.71 carat, VVS2, F color, Ideal cut. CVD Type IIA (I don't see any striation marks or brown tint like I did with many others in video)
I ran it through a cut estimator and it seems to hit the AGS and GIA ideals. It doesn't say it is hearts and arrows though. I was fine with anything eye clean, and would have happily gone down in clarity, but it just so happened to be VVS2 and the price is within budget for us. I really want something with a great cut and lots of fire :)

Specs:
57.5% table
61.3% total depth
34.6 Crown angle
40.9 Pav angle
Girdle: Thin to medium

Here is a link to the video: http://diamondgirl.website/videoanother.php?refno=4257250

Thank you all so much! Any and all advice welcome, I'm hoping to buy it ASAP

Kathypdoe

Rough_Rock
I just saw your post! I can't give you any advice about the specs, but your diamond looks beautiful on the video! Did you have it set yet?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bet it’s a beauty!

dogmom89

Rough_Rock
Thank you both for your replies! I ended up sacrificing a tiny bit of size for a better cut. I ended up going with a 1.58 carat that is almost as ideal cut as they get. It arrived last week and is gorgeous, very happy with my decision. Sparkles unlike any others I viewed. I'm just working with a jeweller now on a new, petite halo setting :) Will definitely post some photos once it's all completed

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results