shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a nice watch?

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Georg Jensen was a well known Scandinavian artist in the arts and crafts movement. He designed all kinds of things meant to be usable art. He made beautiful sterling silverware and jewelry. He's been dead for a long time so I assume this watch has just licensed his name to market a watch reminiscent of his style.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Georg Jensen was one of the premier silversmiths in the world. He had outlets on every continent. Jensen died in 1935 but the company is still an independent entity -- I have the impression continues to be family owned. When I lived in NYC I used to drool over the beautiful pieces in their window on Madison Ave., simple, flowing, unique design. They are still a major maker of jewelry, flatware & hollowware, plus all kinds of beautiful silver utility items. Here's what Wikipedia says: Georg Jensen died in 1935, but in the preceding years he imbued the firm with his strongly held ideals concerning both artistry in design and excellence in craftmanship, this tradition has been adhered to throughout the twentieth century. Although Jensen himself was a proponent of the Art Nouveau style, he had the wisdom and foresight to allow his designers their own freedom of expression which expanded the stylistic scope of what the firm produced and allowed it to keep step with time.[

Quality is no worry if you buy a Jensen piece.

http://www.georgjensen.com/

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't know much about watches but as far as the design goes, I LOVE it. It's gorgeous.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Never heard of it either but I think the design is super cool and unique. Big thumbs up from me!

Verdy

Shiny_Rock
That watch is super gorgeous and very unique! :love:

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy, I LOVE Georg Jensen but I think of him the same way I think of Canturi (which I know you love too!): beautiful aesthetic but SO overpriced for what you get.

But I can't help loving it anyway! The watch is gorgeous :love: :love:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
If you're interested in the quality of the movement, and how the overall watch is made, you may want to post over on www.timezone.com... Under "watch talk" go to "ladies watch forum". I used to spend a lot of time over there several years ago, and they are extremely knowledgeable folks. They tend to specialize more in mechanical watches instead of quartz (the GJ is probably quartz), but someone there may still have some experience with these. If GJ makes men's watches, you may want to ask about GJ watches in general in their "public forum" which has much higher traffic than the ladies forum.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful! AGBF is a big fan of George Jensen, perhaps she will chime in!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great information on George Jensen. I like the thought of useable art! Thank you Kelpie and JF!

I'm not in the market for a watch (fleur... lmao, I wondered if that was going to come up) at all. Usually they don't do much for me, but I was browsing stuff on pearlmans and it really caught my eye. It's so different from other watches I've seen... but still classic and a little deco. Zoe, me neither but it sure is purdy!

Echinda... I have to admit that the one with diamond in the band is more than I'd want to spend. The one with diamonds in the face only is much more reasonable. Aren't all quartz watches essentially over priced? I do adore Canturi, but you are right, really overpriced. Interesting comparison!

preg, I will check it out if I decide to put it on my wishlist. I'm just wondering if I'd wear it, but it's so lovely I think I would-- as jewelry, not as a watch so much.

Thanks Monnie :))

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Autumnovember|1313015950|2988146 said:
Never heard of it either but I think the design is super cool and unique. Big thumbs up from me!

Agreed.

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy|1313032281|2988312 said:
Echinda... I have to admit that the one with diamond in the band is more than I'd want to spend. The one with diamonds in the face only is much more reasonable. Aren't all quartz watches essentially over priced? I do adore Canturi, but you are right, really overpriced. Interesting comparison!

According to DF, you're right about quartz watches-boo :cry:

I lust after these Georg Jensen beauties...

DiamondMagicEarrings_25051.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Echidna|1313064833|2988460 said:
Gypsy|1313032281|2988312 said:

According to DF, you're right about quartz watches-boo :cry:

I lust after these Georg Jensen beauties...

Whoa! Those are amazing. I can see why you are lusting. Hmm... watch is now on the 'wishlist' ... maybe if I can figure out a new career for myself and get there I can get it for myself in a couple of years. Hope it's still available! LOL.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results